Dallas to enforce five-minute idling restriction beginning April 1

It's almost time for ozone season in Dallas, and for truckers a new five-minute idling restriction goes into effect April 1 and lasts through October. The restriction, approved last year by the Dallas City Council, prohibits vehicles in excess of 14,000 pounds to idle more than five minutes unless the vehicle or situation meets certain criteria for exemption.

More...

Don't go to Dallas-Fart Worth, California, PA., NJ., NY., CT., ME., VT., NH., FL., parts of NM., AZ., NV., OR., WA., OH., and anywhere else where restrictions about how to perform ones job in trucking becomes an issue when related to SAFETY and HEALTH.
---
Remember, all the vehicles UNDER 14,000 lbs are exempt and these vehicles OUTWEIGH the amount of Class 8 vehicles.
When the 5 minute idling limit is APPLIED TO ALL VEHICLES, there may be some proof of intent towards clearing up the air (so to speak).
Until then these "laws" are a waste of time.

I thought TX already had that no idling law for over a year now.I did'nt know it goes into affect this April.Just another state who hates truck drivers.Before too long all states will have that no idling law.It's ALL ABOUT MONEY.

Pay closer attention to the info. It's the Dallas City Council...not the state of Texas...implementing this idling law. That bs isn't happening in my county. And if it tries to start here...there WILL be a loud speaking out and action from the many I know around these parts.

-ss-

you go with ur bad self ss we need to go after the cops and others that idle their cars when parked. they idle the whole time of the traffic stop the only ppl that really need to be idleing for the exception of the trucks in severe weather conditins. is the ems units at the scene of an accident or fire. this is just the opion of a former firefighter.

Ahhhh...logical input for the proper use of this action. I will concede there are many instances where an idling restriction would be appropriate. But the exceptions should be determined with not only logic, but common sense regarding the effect upon citizens.

Thanks Iceain for your thought on this idling bs.

-ss-

I thought TX already had that no idling law for over a year now.I did'nt know it goes into affect this April.Just another state who hates truck drivers.Before too long all states will have that no idling law.It's ALL ABOUT MONEY.

This is news from last year, an old thread that got bumped up. This went into effect April 1, 2008

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread