CVSA Roadcheck 2015 set for June 2-4; don't forget your medical card

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
Mark your June calendars. The dates for CVSA Roadcheck 2015 have been set for June 2-4.

The annual 72-hour inspection blitz is the largest targeted enforcement effort on commercial vehicles in the world. It is a joint effort of the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators, Transport Canada and the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation (Mexico).

This year CVSA specifically noted it would be checking medical certificates on the roadside. Recent changes in the regulation have truck drivers wondering whether they should carry their medical cards with them. Steve Keppler, executive director for CVSA, admitted to Land Line that while drivers’ medical certificates should have been documented by the appropriate licensing agency, there have been problems.

- See more at: CVSA Roadcheck 2015 set for June 2-4; don't forget your medical card

Don't they already have the medical card on file? Wasn't that whole point of making us register the medical card with the state? So it was attached to the CDL?

Medical card thing was brought up to our resident bear. His response:

The article basically says what I said. The requirement to carry it is no longer present, but recommended to still carry. Based on that, I imagine that when the directive comes down, it will be to do quick checks through the computer, and then send on the way.

To the WDOT officer issue. We can always ask, but if you don't have it, as you are not required to carry it, then no violation is present.

Knowledge, Knowledge, Knowledge | Page 5 | The Truckers Forum

Don't they already have the medical card on file? Wasn't that whole point of making us register the medical card with the state? So it was attached to the CDL?
This discussion came up about a month or so ago.

Basically it's because with this big bloated leviathan government we have, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Medical card. I aint got one, I aint never had one.

:eek:They try that on me and I will call the U.S. Marshals on them;):rolllaugh:

smartass.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread