CUSTOMERS AND CARRIERS BE AWARE OF R.J.S. Logistics - MC 530105

Pupo

(If anyone has the time to read this we need assistance and advice, we are posting this situation for future references to help other carriers or customers to avoid harm and be informed)

R.J.S. Logistics

MC: 530105

USDOT Number: 2234611

CEO: Johnnie Johnson

Vice President: Jason Flowers

Operational Manager: Paul Lueck

We booked a load with R.J.S. Logistics watermelons with their broker Daniel Cuccurullo on 30th August 2018. After receiving multiple phone calls from the same broker that he arranged with the customer we can deliver the freight on Saturday 1st September 2018 at Costco, where he stated during those multiple calls due to Labor Day on Monday 3/9/18 if there were any changes broker agreed to pay layover accessorial charges for 3 days 750$ and send revised rate confirmation for us to deliver on Tuesday 4/9/18 after the Holiday.

My driver went to the delivery at Costco on Saturday 1/9/18 by the scheduled appointment at 06:00 hrs and of course it was closed after which nobody at brokers office couldn’t be reached, we sent the broker more than dozen e-mails that driver is not offloaded to advise how they want to proceed In addition broker was called on his mobile phone countless times he was left voicemails, to reschedule the delivery appointment and to send any kind of confirmation for delivery on Tuesday 4/9/18 after the holiday. Broker was reached on Sunday 2/9/18 on his baseball game he was requested to send revised rate confirmation with layover fees included and to send any kind of confirmation appointment for the delivery, he was advised via e-mail that my driver knows he has to deliver on Tuesday because it is after the holidays for which we need any confirmation for scheduled delivery not to waste my company resources to send the driver there again not to deliver which never happened.

Driver was not sent to deliver because nobody bothered to care about their load we were hauling.

Broker was finally reached after multiple calls on Tuesday 4/9/18 after 10:00 hrs he was acting clueless why we haven’t delivered, we told him we didn’t have any confirmation nor appointment number for Costco and if he sends revised rate confirmation we can have the driver at delivery offloading In 2 hours. He advised he couldn’t do anything and only sent few words that we can only deliver on Wednesday 5/9/18 of course as everyone knows for Costco it is strict appointment which cannot be delivered without, broker advised to use the same paperwork that stated “Saturday” for the delivery on Wednesday and he complaint how it was carrier fault why freight was not delivered and refused to pay 4th day of layover which now included Tuesday, we left them be with 3 days layover and requested finally revised rate confirmation with only 3 days of layover to be done with this broker and delivered the freight on Wednesday.

After the delivery we received an e-mail with 500$ rate deduction from the operational manager of R.J.S Logistics how their customer was not satisfied and fined the brokers 500$ for waiting for so long and brokers want to take this from us as a carrier for doing our job.

Operational manager was contacted regarding the issue he was explained the situation what happened how we haven’t received any confirmation to send us any proof signed by us for the delivery on Tuesday he stated that maybe verbal agreement was reached he was clueless what to say and only stated that e-mails and phone calls for their company and their employees are not important for weekends( they don’t count, who would read e-mails for the weekend) , which made us think they don’t care about customers they don’t care about carriers they use and this is really not professional, final resolution to them was that they stick to their story.

I took the same issue to their Vice president apologizing to him that we took this that far and that the only reason is that the Broker and Operational manager don’t want to cooperate, where he said he trusts his people and that for sure issue has stopped by his office and the office of the CEO and that their operational manager must have been correct at his decision, after I convinced him to explain the situation he stated that we are right as a carrier and that it is wrong not to help nor advise carriers what to do for brokers freight but he cannot do anything that the CEO has final word on this. Reached the CEO explained to him the situation and that we want to resolve this in a timely and professional manner, he advised to give a call back which never happened and after dropping him an e-mail few days later he transferred us to his operational manager back.

Has anyone before been in the same situation, we were going to all the reviews on this broker after the situation it is harming and disappointing.

Can anyone please advise on the situation any solution how to fix this situation charge our money from this broker?

Anyone’s advice, or help is greatly appreciated.

As for the layover pay, you are out of luck unless you got it in writing, and I would advise that writing needed to be on the rate confirmation or carrier agreement. Best place is rate confirmation.

Next, I would have been at the receiver on Tuesday morning and tried to offload. In reality, the delivery was probably set for that date anyway, and the broker lied about delivering on Saturday. Again, this is why layover rate needed to be agreed upon via the contract to haul the load.

Did you get the three days layover?

As for the $500 fee they charged, I would consider taking them to court for this, provided you made the appointment time on the rate confirmation.

I'd say file on their bond..........

But it's an exempt ag commodity is what you'll be told.

Next best is reporting it to ITS for non-payment, but that requires you get it in writing on a rate con.

Which you didn't do.

Before you pick up the load.

To cover any accessorial charges....

That you didn't do.

Lessons learned I guess.

download.jpeg

This is terrible. I am a broker and this sort of thing really upsets me. This is why customers and truckers are so wary of brokers. Because of people like this!

Unfortunately, you probably aren't going to get the layover pay you are owed since you don't have anything in writing.

But you need to report this everywhere you can! Also, invoice them for the full amount you are owed, regardless of the rate confirmation. I would also reach out to the Costco you delivered to and see if you can find out when the original appointment was set for that PO. If your confirmation says Sat and the appointment was always for Tuesday, that supports your claim for layover pay.

I'd take that to the Operations Mgr to see if he will help. If he won't then you know it's not just a bad broker in their house, but a bad company overall.

If that's the case, then I would go after their bond for what you are owed.

Sorry you have to deal with this crap. It's really not hard to do right by people and still make a living in this business. Some people just suck.

Good luck to you. Hope this helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread