• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Current Averitt Express info?

Truckin Dawg

All right, Averitt is posting for jobs here in the Fort Wayne area, but I don't meet their experience requirements in terms of recent, as I haven't driven since the mid-90's. Couple o questions...
Would they still want me to shave my goatee?
Would they find a way to hire someone with 150,000+ miles under his belt and a clean record even if the miles aren't recent?
Hoping [MENTION=6446]hatchettxx[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5715]MustangLX[/MENTION] are still out there to answer these...
Thanks in advance for the help! -Dawg

All right, Averitt is posting for jobs here in the Fort Wayne area, but I don't meet their experience requirements in terms of recent, as I haven't driven since the mid-90's. Couple o questions...
Would they still want me to shave my goatee?
Would they find a way to hire someone with 150,000+ miles under his belt and a clean record even if the miles aren't recent?
Hoping [MENTION=6446]hatchettxx[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5715]MustangLX[/MENTION] are still out there to answer these...
Thanks in advance for the help! -Dawg

Yes, u would have to shave your goatee, they have a policy no facial hair, except neatly trimmed mustache. Hair above your collar. Uniform policy also.

Yes, they will put you with a trainer for 3 weeks, I was away from OTR for over a year when I signed on with them, I went out with trainer, it helped me out a whole lot, ie quallcom, new rules, logbooks, etc, I was an outlaw scrap metal hauler before I went to them.

Hatchett, what kind of driving you do? Regional? Dedicated? Still liking things? I can lose the Goatee and everything else I am ok with. Do they seem to hold up their end of the deal for a driver that holds up his? Thanks again for the info.

Got the umbrella out. It took me about a year and a half to accumulate the 150g. My last three months were on a lousy New England dedicated paper company set-up.
As far as the shave and the trainer, got no problem with that. A smoother start when somebody shows you the local ropes. I may be checking them out. Thanks Everyone!
-Dawg

Hatchett, what kind of driving you do? Regional? Dedicated? Still liking things? I can lose the Goatee and everything else I am ok with. Do they seem to hold up their end of the deal for a driver that holds up his? Thanks again for the info.

@hatchettxx will be around ... he pops in n out ....

HATCH!

Runs OTR... is that where ya sleep in the truck for a week or 3?

I'm what they call truckload, usually depends what service center you will run out of. Yes still liking it. As long as you work with them they will work with you. But like in other trucking companies, it depends on your dispatcher (fleet manager). I have a fleet manager that used to be out on the road, and understands what we go thru out there, he's firm, but fair. I get the miles I want. He takes care of his drivers, that means alot.

I do not feel comfortable putting my SS# in on Averitts Recruiting line before I speak with a recruiter. Is there another number I can call to speak with a recruiter before enter the information.

Thanks

I do not feel comfortable putting my SS# in on Averitts Recruiting line before I speak with a recruiter. Is there another number I can call to speak with a recruiter before enter the information.

Thanks
The only Averitt driver we hear from here is @Hatchettxx and a question related to the application process as specific as yours likely will be unknown... but wait for Hatch to answer.

Hatchett, thanks for all the info. Averitt requires either experience or a refresher course so I have to nix that one(as well as a bunch of others) for now. Do appreciate all the help here. Thanks!
-Dawg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread