Cummins repair shop

Fuzzy2116

Hi I'm in Long Island N.Y. an looking for a good shop that knows the Cummins ISX15 ltre I am willing to travel but want the truck fixed right.The engine was rebuilt at 565000 now has 599000 has excessive black smoke when accelatering .it has a new CAC egr valve an egr cooler an new hoses to the cac still smoking any help welcomed

Don't no could be turbo or actuator thats why I'm looking for a shop thats gonna diagnose not throw parts at it at my expense of parts an labor

Don't no could be turbo or actuator thats why I'm looking for a shop thats gonna diagnose not throw parts at it at my expense of parts an labor
LMAO...

Sorry. Welcome to the plight I face almost daily!

When you find that shop please, please please come back and let us know!

I'm happy with the shop I use but they, along with numerous other shops, techs, dealers, Cummins... all are at a loss to diagnose without wasting at least a wagon load of your money.

I've said it before... If our trucks were daily drivers sold by Fird, Chuv, and Christler....they'd have been recalled and never returned!

I thought there was a shop that can fix it without the BS. Oh well I'll keep trying maybe someone knows one if so please reply.

The turbo on that model of Cummins is extremely expensive.

On an ISX, the turbo is only good for about 500-600k so if it wasn't replaced when it was rebuilt at 565k, it could very well be the culprit. If the turbo WAS replaced during that rebuild, then make fer damn sure that it's defective before dumping the money on a new one. If the dumbass parts changers can't diagnose it without replacing it, make them a deal first & get a signature on something saying that you keep your old turbo & if the new one doesn't fix the problem, they'll swap it back & refund your money for the turbo & eat the labor cost of switching them back.

Turbo is 2 years old this is the 3 rd one on the truck since I owned it.I got the truck at 342000 it now has 599000

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread