• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

CRST sued for not hiring driver who requested use of service dog

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission recently filed a lawsuit against CRST International, alleging that the trucking company refused to hire a military veteran because of his request to drive with a service dog.

According to the complaint filed March 2 in a Florida federal court, CRST rescinded its offer to hire Leon Laferriere in June 2015 after he made several requests to let him break the company’s “no pet” policy and let him use a service dog as an accommodation for his post-traumatic stress disorder and mood disorder.

full story

"No Pet" policies are going to go by the wayside. No reason to have them anymore, since any mutt can get certified and be called a "service" dog for "emotional" support.

I'm mixed as to whether someone with PTSD severe enough to need a service animal should be driving a truck for a living.

people are getting to carried away with this service dog BS there finding ever little excuse to have fido with them. **** if the wind blows the wrong way it's i gotta have my service dog:stare1:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread