• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Crete - How Much More Can You Embarrass Your Drivers?

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
... or more specifically, ... how much extra do you pay them to run around pulling these things?

I've been seeing these things on the road for several years now. This recruiting ad campaign probably scares more potential recruits away than it attracts. It's like you're saying "Come drive for us and we'll do our best to humiliate you".

View attachment 15536View attachment 15537

I'm of the school of thought that I don't care what the trucks or trailers look like as long as they get the job done. Stupid slogans, ugly color combinations, or filthy with road salt and dirt, I don't care. If it hauls freight and pads my paycheck, I'll drive it.

Drive for these people before I moved to Arkansas. Only quit because I had a local job waiting on me.

This place probably treated me better than any company I ever drive for. Had no problem at all pulling their advertisement trailers.

I wouldn't pull any trailer with such a desperate sounding recruiting ad on it.

Other than the ridiculous ads on the trailers, I haven't heard much at all about Crete/Shaffer.

I also wouldn't drive one of those trucks with "ask me about..." on the side of the cab. I've seen fleets that put recruiting ads right on the side of the tractors. I'm a truck driver, not a recruiter or a sales rep.

If someone's dumb ass wakes me up when I'm sleeping to ask me a question about my company, some serious bad stuff is gonna happen to him.

Other than the ridiculous ads on the trailers, I haven't heard much at all about Crete/Shaffer.

I also wouldn't drive one of those trucks with "ask me about..." on the side of the cab. I've seen fleets that put recruiting ads right on the side of the tractors. I'm a truck driver, not a recruiter or a sales rep.

If someone's dumb ass wakes me up when I'm sleeping to ask me a question about my company, some serious bad stuff is gonna happen to him.

This is BORIS!

Don't mad make duck!

View attachment 15538

Flying Squirelly bad enoff!

BORIS - out!
View attachment 15538

Ya know...................

You might just be encouraging those kind of transgressions.............driving around with that big, yellow, rubber duck on your door.........:rolllaugh:

Not something I think I need to worry about at this particular juncture.

Besides, most people can't even pronounce the name on my doors.

I can't believe I missed this thread....whoa bubba.

I love it. Here ......Iam a fellow cretean an have thought about leaving several times

Until I recall the horror stories I hear about other companies it always goes back

Too how good I have it .....could it be better yes, what place can't use some improvements

Is it the worst no not even close.....an I could care 2 chitts less about a stupid trlr an what it says

For the amount money I get paid an all the bennys I get life is pretty good

Just spent 4 days @ home .....got 2 weeks vacation built up with 2 more weeks coming in a few more months

Got my life insurance, accidental an critical injure insurance, short term disability

Which I used twice when I had eye issues an had too eventually have eye surgery

Got profit sharing, retirement package

Yeah its kinda hard too find out why people just quit cause they gett some crappy loads

And the gravy train loads don't always come their way

Ya just gotta tuff it out sometimes

I agree, seems to be the best companies don't need to do much recruiting!

This is as much advertising I want on my trailers!
View attachment 6048

Looks like you're advertising for GoodYear.

6048d1333501597-crete-how-much-more-can-you-embarrass-your-drivers-imageuploadedbytapatalk1333501595.331111.jpg

NICE TIRES

N

Hay you use them extra axles & tires. Or you carry them around
cause you got so much extra money

An you like too have. All them accessories
gotta have accessories

Anybody got fingerless gloves hello

"Tāāōwa"?

Isn't Taiowa a mythical Hopi diety?

Taiowa is the Hopi name for the Creator. The story goes that Taiowa was to make the Earth and all that surrounds it. However, he only created another being to do it for him. The name of the other being escapes my mind at this late hour.

Or maybe it sounds like Iowa with the "T" sound at the beginning?

It sounds sort of like the name of the State of Iowa, but, well.... similar to "T-Dá-Iowa" ....confounded English alphabet....

No, I did not use the Apache name. I wanted something that could be easily read and with a pleasant sound to it. Once people hear the name, they don't forget how it's pronounced. I usually just say "TIE-oh-wah."

Taiowa is the Hopi name for the Creator. The story goes that Taiowa was to make the Earth and all that surrounds it. However, he only created another being to do it for him. The name of the other being escapes my mind at this late hour.

When stumbling around the interwebs I found some history about Taiowa (some spell it Tawa), one account says he was a lazy being, and had Sotuknang go and create the nine universes for him, and some other stuff.

It sounds sort of like the name of the State of Iowa, but, well.... similar to "T-Dá-Iowa" ....confounded English alphabet....

No, I did not use the Apache name. I wanted something that could be easily read and with a pleasant sound to it. Once people hear the name, they don't forget how it's pronounced. I usually just say "TIE-oh-wah."

I also found a band that does some interesting music by the same name.

Check them out here: Taiowa EP

Yeh....I find it amusing how many of the Tribes were named. If I had said "Dine," most would not know what I was talking about, some would assume Navajo since their word for themselves is the same, and some would ask, "Is it time to eat already?"

The Flathead people were not the ones who would board their babies' heads to place a slope along the front of the skull. The Blackfeet were so named after they walked through a previously burned area of wilderness. The Apache were called this because it was a Zuni word for "enemy." Well, at the time, we were.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread