• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

CR ENGLAND SEVERED TIES WITH ME

CRE CUT ME LOOSE DUE TO "GOING OVER 11/14/70", NO DOT INVOVELMENT BUT NOW IM W/O A JOB AND ONLY HAVE 6 MONTHS EXPERIENCE. ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS LET ME KNOW. WILLING TO WORK ALL STATES AND LEASE. GIVE ME SOME INFO. LIVE IN MIDWEST.........THANKS

...I ENJOY DRIVING A TRUCK AND PLAN ON DOING IT FOR A LONG TIME

...BTW IM NEW TO THIS SITE SO BE PATIENT.

I keep hearing these "rumors" about government subsidies for trucking companies, but when I try to find information about them all I find is links to posts on internet forums.

So how about posting a link to something substantial?

And something else to think about. It costs a company more than the subsidy to train a new driver and get him or her ready for the road to be a productive employee. It doesn't sound like good business to crank people through seats and not realize a return on the investment in them.

I recall reading about Swift getting a government grant (several million) to train drivers, but that was over 10 years ago. I also know that Texas was paying schools train felons, but I think they stopped that when they discovered they were not employable by the big trucking companies anyway who needed drivers that could go to Canada. I think there were also some other problems caused by the felons. That was also more than ten years ago.

I keep hearing these "rumors" about government subsidies for trucking companies, but when I try to find information about them all I find is links to posts on internet forums.

And something else to think about. It costs a company more than the subsidy to train a new driver and get him or her ready for the road to be a productive employee. It doesn't sound like good business to crank people through seats and not realize a return on the investment in them.

Here it is:

Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator Training Grants (20.235) | Federal Grants Wire

Uses and Use Restrictions

Expand the number of Commercial Drivers License holders possessing enhanced operator safety training in order to reduce the severity and number of crashes on U.S. roads involving CMVs; and Assist economically distressed regions of the U.S. by providing workforce training opportunities for qualified individuals to become CMV operators. Grant program does not give grants to individuals. Applicant must adhere to eligibility criteria and project plan to be considered. Availability of funds are announced on Grants.gov (Grants.gov - Home).

J911brick finally has my attention with his relevant post above.

Can't tell you how much I agree with this statement, to many posts in here that want to run the Mega's down.. there is a reason they have thousands of drivers....

and honestly... wouldn't the so called schools?? be more apt to grab anything with a pulse than the company provided training schools??

why in the hell would i lease a truck for 700 a week for a crap truck when for the same money i could be i a new truck with a 168 inch sleeper with all the bells and whistels??

Exactly what part of Fantasy Island do you live on anyway? There is no way in hell you are going to be able to finance a truck with 168" sleeper for $700/week, unless you put the first $180k down on it.

Quit talking out your ass. Get a loan calculator out from one of the banks web sites, punch in the #'s, and check it for yourself. Feeding people BS on here like you have all the answers is a waste everyone's time. If you really want to be helpful, do a little research first.

Exactly what part of Fantasy Island do you live on anyway? There is no way in hell you are going to be able to finance a truck with 168" sleeper for $700/week, unless you put the first $180k down on it.

Quit talking out your ass. Get a loan calculator out from one of the banks web sites, punch in the #'s, and check it for yourself. Feeding people BS on here like you have all the answers is a waste everyone's time. If you really want to be helpful, do a little research first.

Crabby?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread