• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

CR ENGLAND SEVERED TIES WITH ME

CRE CUT ME LOOSE DUE TO "GOING OVER 11/14/70", NO DOT INVOVELMENT BUT NOW IM W/O A JOB AND ONLY HAVE 6 MONTHS EXPERIENCE. ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS LET ME KNOW. WILLING TO WORK ALL STATES AND LEASE. GIVE ME SOME INFO. LIVE IN MIDWEST.........THANKS

...I ENJOY DRIVING A TRUCK AND PLAN ON DOING IT FOR A LONG TIME

...BTW IM NEW TO THIS SITE SO BE PATIENT.

Welcome to the forum, only 1 infraction on logbook, and they let u go. My only suggestion is just apply at other trucking companies, and explain to them what happened. Keep closer eye on logbook, u can lose your liscense cause of that.

Welcome to the forum. Your first step is make phone calls to recruiters to see if you're eligible to get hired. Why didn't you take the hours of service seriously? Many are driving to make a living, but it doesn't make sense to violate the hours of service laws all in an effort to make an extra dollar or two for the day. You risk losing your lisence, your job, or both. Never run illegal for anyone or yourself. Follow the laws and you'll be fine in this industry.

I'd edit that post and get rid of the "and lease" part, LOL.

Most experienced drivers will warn rookies not to sign any kind of lease with a carrier cuz you usually end up in the poor-house. There are ... two ... people I've heard say that they're doing ok with a lease, but the overwhelming majority of them fail and go broke.

I don't predict you'll have any serious trouble getting hired somewhere else. Maybe a little extra scrutiny, but the mega-carriers will hire pretty much anyone who can turn a corner without running over an elementary school.

6 MONTHS EXP. AND LOOKING FOR WORK

IM NEW TO THIS BOARD, JUST RELEASED FROM CR ENGLAND DUE TO NOT FOLLOWING THEIR GUIDELINES. NO TROUBLE WITH D.O.T., CUSTOMERS, NO TICKETS, NO ACCIDENTS. JUST DIDNT FOLLOW THE 11/14/70 DUE TO MY DM WANTING "LOADS ON TIME" AND COMPANY CAME BACK AND SAID BYE-BYE.

NEED A JOB, ONLY HAVE 6 MONTHS EXP., WILL LEASE,RUN ALL 48 STATES, AND STAY OUT FOR 3-4 WEEKS. LIVE IN MIDWEST. GIVE THE NEW GUY SOME INFO. THANKS

cover your ass no one else will!! you are responsible for your load. you will learn real fast that it's always the drivers fault. always fallow the laws you'll be fine. i'm sure you can do alot better than cr england with 6 months experiance. they are known to fire anyone for the littlest reasons seeings how they fired a hero driver for doing the right thing. i think it's to keep the seats cold to keep that goverment money comming. and you might want to look up local companies to.

THANKS GUYS, BUT NEVER WENT PAST 10/15 MINS ON THE 11/14/70, AND THEY NEVER WARNED ME. ONCE WAS AT WALMART AND 6 HRS. WAIITNG TO OFFLOAD. FINISHED OFFLOADING AND WALMART SAID LEAVE, BUT MY 14 HR. CLOCK WAS DONE, COULDNT STAY HAD TO LEAVE SO I DROVE TO SAFE PLACE WHICH TOOK 7 MINS...........AND I VIOLATED 14 HR. CRE DOESNT CARE ITS A "CRAZY PLACE".

I'd edit that post and get rid of the "and lease" part, LOL.

Most experienced drivers will warn rookies not to sign any kind of lease with a carrier cuz you usually end up in the poor-house. There are ... two ... people I've heard say that they're doing ok with a lease, but the overwhelming majority of them fail and go broke.

I don't predict you'll have any serious trouble getting hired somewhere else. Maybe a little extra scrutiny, but the mega-carriers will hire pretty much anyone who can turn a corner without running over an elementary school.

yeah glad Rubber Duck caught that, yes do not lease at all, especially when u greenhorn. I did the lease bit when I started my first trucking job, didnt work for me, I personally could not make money at it, due to my inexperience. My suggestion is get a few years experience as a company driver, then if you still feel u want to lease then make sure your read lease aggreement, and take it to a lawyer before u sign anything. Don't want to see anyone get fleeced like I did.

THANKS GUYS, BUT NEVER WENT PAST 10/15 MINS ON THE 11/14/70, AND THEY NEVER WARNED ME. ONCE WAS AT WALMART AND 6 HRS. WAIITNG TO OFFLOAD. FINISHED OFFLOADING AND WALMART SAID LEAVE, BUT MY 14 HR. CLOCK WAS DONE, COULDNT STAY HAD TO LEAVE SO I DROVE TO SAFE PLACE WHICH TOOK 7 MINS...........AND I VIOLATED 14 HR. CRE DOESNT CARE ITS A "CRAZY PLACE".

I would of called my manager on that one and told him the situation. Going over your hours is very serious stuff.

Everyone who knows anything about the industry knows that CR England is run by a bunch of crooks. Why they'd fire you over something so minor is baffling though. Maybe the DOT has been cracking down on them and they need to make it look like they're all gung-ho about compliance or something. Last I heard, they weren't looking too good to the DOT. They had a bunch of rollover accidents last year, ... too many even for their size. I think they had like 7 in one week back in July.

I CALLED LOGS AND THEY STATED "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT", DM DOESNT EVEN WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT. THEY KEEP THEMM ALL SEPERATED............AND NEVER DID THEY SAY IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN WERE THROUGH WITH YOU. IM NEW IN THIS FIELD, I LEARNED, BUT NOW I NEED A JOB.

Everyone who knows anything about the industry knows that CR England is run by a bunch of crooks. Why they'd fire you over something so minor is baffling though. Maybe the DOT has been cracking down on them and they need to make it look like they're all gung-ho about compliance or something. Last I heard, they weren't looking too good to the DOT. They had a bunch of rollover accidents last year, ... too many even for their size. I think they had like 7 in one week back in July.

Crooks
Robbers

Every
Noob
Gets
Lied to and taken
Advantage of.
Dayum!

I CALLED LOGS AND THEY STATED "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT", DM DOESNT EVEN WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT. THEY KEEP THEMM ALL SEPERATED............AND NEVER DID THEY SAY IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN WERE THROUGH WITH YOU. IM NEW IN THIS FIELD, I LEARNED, BUT NOW I NEED A JOB.
and why didn't you research companies before you sighned on??
theres rip off report.com and ****ed consumer and google is a mans best friend!!

I THINK IM GOING WITH THEIR SISTER COMPANY "PRIDE TRANSPORT". A COUPLE EX- CRE EMPLOYEES LEFT AND NOW WORK FOR THEM. ANY INFO ON THIS COMPANY WILL HELP

Pride seemed decent......until they told me that I had to park the truck in SLC and bus to Vegas for hometime! I've applied elsewhere after I called and told them to trash my application.

a recruiter is a used car salesman for the company there forced to have you sighn on with there company even if they don't have all your questions answered. if they don't make the sale by selling you on the company they get fired!! so they will sit there and feed you what ever bs you want to hear making you think how glamours trucking is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread