Truckers Health COVID-19 POLL

How has the COVID-19 outbreak impacted you

• Total voters

quillcom

But I don't want to be inconvenienced by having to pour it into a glass like a schmuck.
Ah you might want to get use to being inconvenienced in the next several weeks.
Do you know what I mean. ;)

jimmywells

I don’t think it is so much racist as it is unnecessary. It’s Coronavirus. I see no gain from putting a city or country name in front of it.
Why ignore that it came from Wuhan China though? Should we also ignore that China has control of nearly all of our antibiotics?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
It's just business as usual at the plant and warehouse. I try to keep my distance from other drivers but, that is just business as usual also.
I am going to go to the Home De-pot and get 2, 1 meter sticks and tape them together so I can poke other drivers to make sure they maintain social distancing ;)

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Why ignore that it came from Wuhan China though? Should we also ignore that China has control of nearly all of our antibiotics?
Today some... thing... was harassing the president during a press conference. This creature was whining about his use of the term "China virus". He said it's because the Chinese government has been trying to say the US Army released the virus in Wuhan. He's not going to let them do that. The virus came from China and that's why he's calling it the China virus.

I think it's too broad of a term though because many other viruses came from China. I think Wuhan virus is a more appropriate name.

Except "Coronavirus" is the original name for it, and we don't need to have 600 different names for the same thing.

jimmywells

Today some... thing... was harassing the president during a press conference. This creature was whining about his use of the term "China virus". He said it's because the Chinese government has been trying to say the US Army released the virus in Wuhan. He's not going to let them do that. The virus came from China and that's why he's calling it the China virus.

I think it's too broad of a term though because many other viruses came from China. I think Wuhan virus is a more appropriate name.

Except "Coronavirus" is the original name for it, and we don't need to have 600 different names for the same thing.
Absolutely. I think what concerns me most is that everyone is in hysterics over nothing while a foreign country who's system of government is in direct opposition to ours literally has control of our healing medications. This is beyond frightening and unacceptable. Yet nobody cares. It's mindblowing how sheeplike the Feds have made the average American. They've created the perfect modern slave. What they put on the TV or papers the masses will follow without question.

quillcom

I don’t think it is so much racist as it is unnecessary. It’s Coronavirus. I see no gain from putting a city or country name in front of it.
Those were my same thoughts.
Ignore?
Not so much ignoring for me. While its interesting to know the exact locale of its origin, I/we certainly do not need this info as an average American citizen.

Hey guys lets remember not to put too much political spin in here less we get locked out.
thks guys.

Last edited:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Same thing with the Spanish Flu (it probably started in Kansas, or elsewhere). People use the name to place blame.

Bad diseases always get named named by the xenophobic. Check out syphilis:
The Italians called it "The French Disease"
Poland, Germany, France called it "The Italian Disease"
The Dutch called it the "Spanish Plague"
The Russians called it "The Polish Disease"
Arabs called it "The Christian Disease"
Japan called it the Chinese Pox and China called it "The Japan Lure".
Heck, the name Syphilis translates to "Swine Lover" to shame/blame the rural folks who would come to the city and get blamed for giving it to the prostitutes.

Basically, people have been naming diseases after people they hate for a long time.

But while it is an unnecessary addition to the name, I think Trump is just playing to his loudest supporters. And as far as I can tell, the disease made the jump from Animals to Humans at a wet market in Wuhan, so its not like he is making that up specifically. But Wuhan is a major metropolis of 11 Million people. It's more like New York or Chicago:
View attachment 60672

So its either him placating xenophobes, or he's taking his shot to kick China's economy while they are down, either way, its not a great PR move. Look, I don't believe Trump is an idiot, but I do think he is surrounded by "Yes Men" who are too afraid to tell him when he has a bad idea.
He didn't say that until China tried to blame this on the US.

And that's all I'm going to say about it.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
While its interesting to know the exact locale of its origin, I/we certainly do not need this info as an average American citizen.
The origin of the virus only matters if it was intentionally released, but that's nothing any government is going to admit.

The other stuff he said, about us being dependent on China for our medications is definitely something ALL Americans need to be talking about though. Especially since they already threatened to cut us off in their state run newspaper.

That's not politics. It's news. Very important news that nobody should be able to hide from even if they choose to remain ignorant.

jimmywells

Those were my same thoughts.

Ignore?
Not so much ignoring for me. While its interesting to know the exact locale of its origin, I/we certainly do not need this info as an average American citizen.

Hey guys lets remember not to put too much political spin in here less we get locked out.
thks guys.
I disagree. You might consider yourself in such a lowly manner but I do not see myself in the same light. As a legal citizen who pays to keep this sh!tshow floating I am beyond entitled to know everything possible about where harmful contagions are coming from. I do not depend on the government to keep me safe so all the information I can get will help me make better decisions for me...by me...not the Feds. I do not trust the Federal government at all. Not even with the the smallest of things. History has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt where they are taking this once great nation. I'm certainly not trying to make it political but it's inevitable since it's all tied together. I think the irony here is how you, like many others completely gloss over the elephant in the room to rush into a topic that's not very pressing IMO. What will you "need to know" when we have no more antibiotics and China decides to take over?

quillcom

The other stuff he said, about us being dependent on China for our medications is definitely something ALL Americans need to be talking about though.
Just saying there's a time and place for those topics.

Just wondering if this is the time and place.

Think there may be more important issues at this time.

Are there not more pressing issues at this time?

vaportrail

The origin of the virus only matters if it was intentionally released, but that's nothing any government is going to admit.
that reminds me of iran and their its "scientifically impossible" we shot down that Ukrainian airliner.... 20 minutes later video shows rockets exploding around airliner :stare1: errr ummmm

TheJrod

I disagree. You might consider yourself in such a lowly manner but I do not see myself in the same light. As a legal citizen who pays to keep this sh!tshow floating I am beyond entitled to know everything possible about where harmful contagions are coming from. I do not depend on the government to keep me safe so all the information I can get will help me make better decisions for me...by me...not the Feds. I do not trust the Federal government at all. Not even with the the smallest of things. History has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt where they are taking this once great nation. I'm certainly not trying to make it political but it's inevitable since it's all tied together. I think the irony here is how you, like many others completely gloss over the elephant in the room to rush into a topic that's not very pressing IMO. What will you "need to know" when we have no more antibiotics and China decides to take over?

Weird.

You know where the virus came from because of the **GASP** Main Stream Media, who has been covering this thing since it was still a "Fake hoax to discredit Trump". Everyone knows where it came from, we don't need to rename it to remind everyone every single time. Ain't that right, Busted-Condom-Failed-Abortion?

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Weird.

You know where the virus came from because of the **GASP** Main Stream Media, who has been covering this thing since it was still a "Fake hoax to discredit Trump". Everyone knows where it came from, we don't need to rename it to remind everyone every single time. Ain't that right, Busted-Condom-Failed-Abortion?
Troll-Spray.jpg