Convoy to Atlanta G.a Planned for April 1st

19speedracer

The A.F.C.M (Home) of Central G.a is planning a "Organized Convoy" To Atlanta G.a on April 1st to protest the high fuel prices and the state tax that goes with it. Here in G.a we are paying .55 cents a gallon in state and local taxes. The Convoy is slated to begin at Exit 201 on I-75 North at 8 am. I will post more Information as it becomes available. Log Trucks, Dumptrucks, ALL trucks are Invited and Encouraged to participate in this Convoy. Ride in your pick-up, Your Harley whatever you want as long as you support the cause !! Ya'll get it together... Let's Go !! :beep:

We ARE gonna do it. I'm almost positive the media will be all over it. I'll guarantee you it will get SOMEONE's attention !!! I-285 is always packed in the morning as most of us drivers know. I believe a bunch of us nose to tail should generate some Interest.

The A.F.C.M (Home) of Central G.a is planning a "Organized Convoy" To Atlanta G.a on April 1st to protest the high fuel prices and the state tax that goes with it. Here in G.a we are paying .55 cents a gallon in state and local taxes. The Convoy is slated to begin at Exit 201 on I-75 North at 8 am. I will post more Information as it becomes available. Log Trucks, Dumptrucks, ALL trucks are Invited and Encouraged to participate in this Convoy. Ride in your pick-up, Your Harley whatever you want as long as you support the cause !! Ya'll get it together... Let's Go !! :beep:

We're in. We have several that want to participate. Can you send me info?
:tiphat:

S.Walker Trucking has a load of media coming. The New York Times, Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN is going to cover it. There is a big rally at the ports in Savannah Monday evening. Some of the container haulers are going to meet our leaders in Dublin G.a at 6:30am Tueday morning April 1st at the Love's Truckstop at exit 49 on I-16. From there they will travel west on I-16 to I-75 North. The guys from my area, Eatonton, Gray G.a are going to meet them at I-75 Exit 201 in Jackson, Ga.at I-75 and Hwy.36 at 8 am. From there we will head nose to tail North to I-675 and On to I-285 where we will go up the east side, Go around the top and back down the west side back to I-75 south to go home. We are asking that everyone who is going to participate to please wash their trucks and make sure your lights and tires, Mudflaps E.T.C are up to par. We have to be on our UT-MOST BEST BEHAVIOR. Lets show the public that we are civilized, Upstanding drivers instead of the barbarians that we are so often made out to be. Thanks,
Darren
19speedracer

Take pixs!! I wanna see too! I was in the Convoy To Washington DC back in 2000. That was a sight to see for sure! Wish ya'll the best with yours. Make us all proud!
Pat

Thanks for the kind words rollnthunder. We appreciate the support.We'll do our best to make the whole trucking community proud !!! We are doing this for Everyone, Not just us. I am going to take my digital camera. It will be all over the media.

Sounds great. Please post the pictures here.

I have a friend who's not going to take his (Company) truck, He said he'd rather ride with me, So I am going to give him the camera. Most everyone knows that driving in Atlanta morning traffic, One must pay very close attention to their driving ! LOL !! I have my tuck and Log trailer hooked up and ready to go. Washed it, Polished my wheels, checked it over good, Put a new set of Hangers and mudflaps on it, Replaced 1 Taillight and it is sitting in the yard waiting on me to climb in it in the morning. LOOK-OUT ATLANTA !!! HERE WE COME !!!

I have a friend who's not going to take his (Company) truck, He said he'd rather ride with me, So I am going to give him the camera. Most everyone knows that driving in Atlanta morning traffic, One must pay very close attention to their driving ! LOL !! I have my tuck and Log trailer hooked up and ready to go. Washed it, Polished my wheels, checked it over good, Put a new set of Hangers and mudflaps on it, Replaced 1 Taillight and it is sitting in the yard waiting on me to climb in it in the morning. LOOK-OUT ATLANTA !!! HERE WE COME !!!

Sounds great! I hop you guys have enough trucks to completely circle the loop :)

I doubt we'll have that many, but we look for others to fall in line with us at random just to be a part of it. I admit I am a tad edgy tonight. The anticipation is getting the best of me. I forgot to add that we have a reporter from FOX News that is going to ride in one of the trucks with us in the morning. Can't beat that !!

The I-270 is quiet tonight....so it's working on this end in Columbus, Ohio. We have the freeway behind our house, so I've been watching all day. For all of you that are going to be traveling...be careful and we fully support you. I will keep you updated on this end.

We had about 250 trucks reported by wxia11 alive news in atlanta that stayed in the convoy. Most was us Log Trucks. Some drivers just run up behind us and fell in line with us, Some put their flashers on and rode the speed limit beside us. What a ride guys !!!! I was about mid-pack and it was as far as I could see both directions. we pulled out of the T.A in Jackson G.a at the 201 on-ramp at 8:30 am to get on northbound I-75. The Butts County deputies helped us get out of the truckstop and get on the interstate in line together. It took us about 3-1/2 Hours to go up and get back down to Jackson-Hartsfield airport where we started spreading out some. Some of the group stopped back at the 201 exit at the Flying J truckstop to talk, Say goodbye to those who had to go seperate ways. I could not believe how many drivers turned out, How many fell in line with us when they ran up behind us, and how many cars pulled up beside me and honked giving me a "Thumbs up'' signal. To my surprise, The amount of Negativity towards us was very Minimal. I will post pics and links to the news storys as soon as they get them put on their respective websites. Groups of drivers everywhere should do what we did this morning. We definately have the states attention. Wish ya'll could've been there !!
Darren
19speedracer

we just did two local news channel interviews with about 20 truckers today. we also had a local news paper to release our article about high diesel fuel today.Roanoke - Chowan News-Herald -- Serving Ahoskie NC, 27910 We had about 10 trucks just a small group from our area to gather on a short notice from the channels. After the both interviews we did a small 10 trucks convoy around our town and all we got was THUMBS UPS. We will make a difference!!!!

TRUCKERS STRIKE

I am very much with all of us Independant Trucking Companies. I cannot travel any where to participate in any of the convoys, to Atlanta or to Washington DC. but, I am very much with you all in spirit. I am so proud of my fellow Truckers that I have seen on the news standing up & taking part in this strike. Keep the faith. We are here, we are behind you, we are all feeling the same pain.

as me being a former fello0w alantan i praise your efforts there in atlanta. i woul;d have loved to have been a part of that. sounds like you got a few heads to turn quite abit. congrats. i bet there was some pissed off 4 wheelers today. haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread