• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Considering CR England as a trainee, can't find many comments from others

Hi:

I am completely new to trucking, and want to pick a well recognized name to work for 6-12 months. CR England is now offering the full training for only $1,000, but I really cannot find many comments from other newbie truckers about the company, its recent training, what it is like to work for them, etc, etc.

So I decided to start my own thread. Comments from any one who has recently trained with them, then worked for them for a while? I have a host of questions, but unless there are recent grads on the board, there is not much point in posting my questions. I'll post them if others with recent experience are nearby.

Thanks in advance!

not to advert for other trucking forums because that's not what I'm here to do. But I have read on another truckers forum about nightmares of working with CR England and Prime. Just from what those folks have said, I'd avoid the hell out of them and just pay the money out of pocket for CDL school. A lot of community colleges are doing the training now, which means you can qualify for loans and pell grants. Check out Ozarks Technical Community College | Get Job Training, Take Online Classes, OTC | Your Online Community College or vatterott college.

Hi:

I am completely new to trucking, and want to pick a well recognized name to work for 6-12 months. CR England is now offering the full training for only $1,000, but I really cannot find many comments from other newbie truckers about the company, its recent training, what it is like to work for them, etc, etc.

So I decided to start my own thread. Comments from any one who has recently trained with them, then worked for them for a while? I have a host of questions, but unless there are recent grads on the board, there is not much point in posting my questions. I'll post them if others with recent experience are nearby.

Thanks in advance!

Well, I was going to say something very mean about England drivers but will keep it civil. Will tell you about one of their former lease drivers who walks around with a paycheck for $1. Nobody would believe him that they mailed a check for $1 so he carries it around with him to show everybody. Last I knew he was doing well with ATS but that was a while ago.

they will push the lease program on you as well and they will use trick math to make you think you'll make good money like boone stated you'll be lucky to make a buck when most of the time you'll be in the hole to them!! take the contract to a laywer and have them see if it will benifeit them or you. as well as another they they won't tell you the drivers medical condition so you may wind up with a diabetic snd god knows what happens when there sugar gets to low. i would run like hell

You must not be looking in the right place,crengland has many comments about them and can't recall reading anything positive in a good way.I've never drive for them so I can't comment how good or bad they are.But other comments from drivers that have drove for them speaks for itself.Whether crengland or any other company,don't let the recruiter talk to you into anything you don't feel comfortable about.They get paid commission so of course they're going to glamour it up and say what you wanna hear.Kind of like politics.

@ the duck the top one is england fires a driver that was a hereo and the bottom one is the one that there still screwing lease drivers.

Whaaaaaaaat? I watched the top video all the way through and it's nothing but a dash cam on some 2-lane road in the southwest, but the titles on the videos were what you said they were. The bottom video is the same thing, dash cam stuff.

yea i know there just dash cam stuff. was hoping this new driver wont get sucked in to there lease program but then again they can send him after telling him theres no company trucks availible ( just another way for them to try to sucker them into leasing )

hugh with that much exp that would be the last place i went lol and they people with half a brain avoid werner thinks they should avoid england

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread