Connecticut bill would require removal of snow, ice from trucks

If a leading state lawmaker in Connecticut gets his way, motorists and truck drivers would be forced to remove ice and snow from their vehicles before taking to roadways in the state. And, New York state Assemblyman Mike Spano has offered a measure in his state’s Assembly that would require truckers and others to clear their vehicles of snow, ice, sleet and hail.

More...

If a leading state lawmaker in Connecticut gets his way, motorists and truck drivers would be forced to remove ice and snow from their vehicles before taking to roadways in the state. And, New York state Assemblyman Mike Spano has offered a measure in his state’s Assembly that would require truckers and others to clear their vehicles of snow, ice, sleet and hail.

More...

they all can kiss my @ss if they think i'm going to climb up onto any trailer and remove snow. what, i risk slipping and falling, break some bones, whi pays for all my medical exspenses then.....the state....?? i highly doubt it...

Yeah, there is absolutely no way in hell I am doing this either. It is tricky enough walking around the snow and ice on the ground. I'm not about to climb up to the top of a trailer for any reason, definitely not to clean the ice off of it

again the states have seen that they can get away with any insane law that they decide to enact and the trucking community will do NOTHING, if we could get together on just one issue meaning the insane Ca. anti idling laws and show the country that we will stick together when the laws make no sense then the states would take into consideration what the trucking community would do when they go overboard with their heavyhanded ideas, the alternative is the death of trucking as we know it just what it it going to take for the truckers to wake up

I am going to do what I can to push truckers to make decisions to improve the industry. As for my personal actions, I put myself in a position where I am not helping the economy of these anti-trucking sites. I simply don't go there.

If drivers look for jobs to avoid going to these places, it will make it more costly to move freight into and out of these areas, as well as harder to find the trucks to get the job done. Sooner or later, these States will get the picture. It takes a full effort by the trucking industry though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread