Companies that train, pay while you train, and aren't quick to wash you out

JimsK

I guess the title says it all. Anyway, I know these questions have been asked and answered in the past, but sometimes the old threads have dated information, so please indulge me:

Can anyone please list for me the big companies that currently are training and paying during training? Since I have read about examples where some companies have a tendency to wash out a lot of trainees, any information about that will be appreciated too.

Many thanks.

Trainees usually wash out if they can't hack it, or can't pass a whiz quiz, or lied about something during the pre-hire process.

if you already have your cdl , just out of trucking school, or got cdl on your own you can go check out Squire its a Knight Transportation for beginners, pd training with a trainer usually with him/her for 6weeks.. if you dont have a cdl, try swift, schiender or werner

You get "washed out" if you don't meet the standards the company has in place.

The "Pay while you learn" stuff is pretty minor.... something like $50/day and then while your out with a trainer $250 until the trainer green lites you to your own truck.

Then... you need to drive that truck for a period of time (you should know this the first day or so) until you won't be on the hook for the "Pay while you learn" training.

In other words.. don't make it the 8 months... pay them a prorated amount for the "free training".

The big outfits have attorneys who's sole purpose is to recover fees including the training and licensing of a person who decided that trucking just weren't their cup o tea and in all those pages of forms and stuff you signed ... somewhere in there.... you gave them the right to collect it from you.

But HEY! It's PAID TRAINING :) ... and if you're making nothing right now... what do ya have to lose??

Exactly right about the "if you're making nothing right now . . . what do ya have to lose??" That's my situation, so $50/day and $250 til the green light sounds good. But as to the washout, I was hoping to get info targeting those companies that are unusually aggressive - what I mean is, it's one thing if they work with you and you just can't do it, but it's another if they cut your head off for any little thing. I'm worried about the latter, because if that happens to me, it's a real disaster.

good luck finding a driver training program or refresher course if you have not driven in over 5 years (OTR)
no school will touch you until you go back to school... its like a joke or something.. i dont get it.. they would rather have a newb who has never driven than someone who has experience.. and most of the fleets now are automatic.. im mean REALLY??? WTF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread