Community College vs Driving School

MsDadeCounty

I need HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people from Drivers Solution wanted me to go across country to attend their driving school. I was very hesitant about going because I know that they do not have school on the weekend and I wouldn’t be able to afford commuting back and forth for 3 weeks, nor would I want to have to pay for a hotel. But on a positive note, I would have a secured position upon completion of the program. But I currently am debating if I should just do the cdl program through the community college down here. I am leaning more to the college mainly because I wouldn’t have to pay for tuition; wouldn’t have to travel and have the costs associated with it; and I would be trapped into a yearly agreement and all of the fine print that comes with it. So at this point I need to know if someone has gone through the community college route and if it is really as hard to start a trucking career that way or would it be easier through a company?

The community college driving school I went to in 2004 was actually operated by a 3rd party school. The community college just leased them a classroom, an office & part of a parking lot.

But it had the name of the community college in huge vinyl letters on the side of the trailer.

The community college being a teaching institution, properly vetted the CDL training school to make sure they weren't a substandard two-bit operation such as the kind of so-called "school" that would hire an instructor with little or no actual experience driving trucks, simply because they wouldn't want to associate themselves with a shady outfit & tarnish their own reputation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread