Politics Communist China’s TikTok Will Now Collect Your ‘Faceprint’ and ‘Voiceprint’

Mike

I destroyed this topic about your idiotic premise long ago.

It's my thread now.
Elon Musk Mic Drop GIF by FullMag

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
There's a class action suit now. Good.

Pasted:

What is this case about?
This is a case about data privacy. We allege that Snapchat is violating the privacy of its users by collecting data (i.e. biometric data) that it should not be collecting without first notifying its users and obtaining written consent. The biometric data that we allege Snapchat is collecting is in the form of face and iris scans and voice prints, which are unique to individuals – no two individuals have the same. Because this data is so unique, there are heightened protections around it. We believe that Snapchat has ignored the protections implemented by Illinois lawmakers through its collection of users’ biometric data without first notifying its’ users and obtaining written consent, which we intend to prove at arbitration.

(Just trying to get the thread back on topic after hypocrite "do as I say not as I do" trolls posted stupidity all over it.)

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Except that Snapchat was never the topic.

Tik tok was the topic. It's never strayed from that until just now.

With regard to calling folks a hypocrite, it might do well to consider one's own situation vs what that person loudly espouses all the time.

Last edited:

Duck

Except that Snapchat was never the topic.

Tik tok was the topic. It's never strayed from that until just now.

With regard to calling folks a hypocrite, it might do well to consider one's own situation vs what that person loudly espouses all the time.
Snap chat and tiktok are both apps for idiots to demonstrate to their cameras that they know how to count to two, and bombard their friends and associates with every 5 minutes.

They're easily confused. 😕

Especially since they both do the same thing with your facial recognition data.

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Snap chat and tiktok are both apps for idiots to demonstrate to their cameras that they know how to count to two, and bombard their friends and associates with every 5 minutes.

They're easily confused. 😕

Especially since they both do the same thing with your facial recognition data.
So if you don't use them why are you concerned what other people do with their phones?

Either watch the stupid little videos and laugh at them or sit in your little corner of the world and don't.

Duck

So if you don't use them why are you concerned what other people do with their phones?
Same reason humans advise others not to eat Tide Pods.

Some people learn by being told. Others learn by observation. Others just have to pee on the electric fence and find out the hard way.

Users who are viewing this thread