Coffee pot as an alarm clock

I'm surprised they haven't made a 12 volt truck/RV version of the keurig machine yet.

They'd be perfect in a truck if they were designed a bit differently.

First you'd need it to be 12 volts, and secondly the water reservoir would need to be designed more like a lawnmower gas tank with a diaphragm-type check valve in the cap that lets air in to replace the water when you use it, but won't let water splash out. The tank would need to be latched in place. Regular keurig machines water tanks are just set in place and held only by gravity.

Since 12 volt heating elements are slow, the timer would have to start 15 minutes early, so if you set it for 6AM it would start heating the water at 5:45 but not actually brew any coffee til you put a k-cup in and hit the button.

In manual mode, heating element on all the time, it would need an LED battery icon that comes on whenever the supply voltage is below 13 so idiots don't run down their batteries at night. But the manual mode would be so you can have coffee any time during the day when you're awake and the engine is running.
keurigs are crap. they never made coffee strong enough for me. and the k cups are an utter rip when you can buy a big can of coffer for the same. and they have a habbit of the nozzle getting plugged. they can stick that machine

I think I paid like $19.99 for a Black and Decker single serve unit. It came with a screen filter for ground coffee and you could make tea also.
Of course I would rather have a nice 24 ounce cup of coffee. But the B&D served me well when there was no ready made coffee readily available. Like shippers and receivers and driving across Canada on the only road Canada has and the nearest truck stop was 4 hours away, 4 hours away, ****ing really?

keurigs are crap. they never made coffee strong enough for me. and the k cups are an utter rip when you can buy a big can of coffer for the same. and they have a habbit of the nozzle getting plugged. they can stick that machine
$20 for 96 k cups at Walmart. They always fill my stainless mug.

I've made 6457736 cups of coffee with the several keurig machines I've had in the past decade or so and I've never had a clogged nozzle.

Maybe you're using the reusable cups and packing them too tightly or something. :dunno:

I love my pre-set coffee maker. It comes on 10 minutes before I'm up and ready when I get there.

It's a Hamilton Beach, about 10 years old now and works just fine. Run a little CLR through it once in a while to clean out the heating tube and it's like new again.

Keurig machines suck. My wife has the big commercial job and the biggest cup it will make is 6oz. And the coffee is muddy looking too. I like a 20oz mug just for a starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread