Closed

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
The Denny’s at the J is done in Fort Erie

View attachment 47740
The Denny’s at the J is done in Fort Erie
I have seen many restaurants come and go at that truck stop from back in the days when it was a pipeline card-lock and a convenience store. The first restaurant that I remember was expensive but the food was good.
When the Punjabi guy bought the place i don't think there was a restaurant.
And then it became a PFJ and a Denny's of course.
Denny's is nothing to get excited about.

I have seen many restaurants come and go at that truck stop from back in the days when it was a pipeline card-lock and a convenience store. The first restaurant that I remember was expensive but the food was good.
When the Punjabi guy bought the place i don't think there was a restaurant.
And then it became a PFJ and a Denny's of course.
Denny's is nothing to get excited about.
I agree, but it’s better than nothing. The Tims is closed at the duty free, too

How in the hell did that happen? The place was a gold mine, last chance at a decent coffee oh never mind McD's is right next door with good coffee at a better price. :D
The McDs left town LAST winter
:(

How in the hell did that happen? The place was a gold mine, last chance at a decent coffee oh never mind McD's is right next door with good coffee at a better price. :D
Tims coffee, dumped in the ocean, kills all the whales..

Tims coffee dumped in any lake, kills all the fishies

Tims coffee dumped in a landfill, makes all the methane gas disappear.

Tims coffee dumped in a sewer unclogs all the muck

Tims coffee spilled on a table, burns thru that table, then the floor, then the foundation.

no big loss for Tims out of business.

Tims coffee, dumped in the ocean, kills all the whales..

Tims coffee dumped in any lake, kills all the fishies

Tims coffee dumped in a landfill, makes all the methane gas disappear.

Tims coffee dumped in a sewer unclogs all the muck

Tims coffee spilled on a table, burns thru that table, then the floor, then the foundation.

no big loss for Tims out of business.
Oh hey now, I think you just declared war on Canada Brazil! RBI out of Brazil now owns Tims and Burger KIng and both have sucked ever since they took over ownership.
Tim's was still good when the Americans owned it, the TDL group but nothing like when the Horton family owned it.

Reactions: AK7
Oh hey now, I think you just declared war on Canada Brazil! RBI out of Brazil now owns Tims and Burger KIng and both have sucked ever since they took over ownership.
Tim's was still good when the Americans owned it, the TDL group but nothing like when the Horton family owned it.
I have never had a Horton’s coffee that I liked. I dunno how long the Brazilians have owned it but my first Tim’s experience was about 2 years ago. However, if I can park close to a WaWa I do enjoy their coffee.

I have never had a Horton’s coffee that I liked. I dunno how long the Brazilians have owned it but my first Tim’s experience was about 2 years ago. However, if I can park close to a WaWa I do enjoy their coffee.
when i did the Allentown, PA, DHL run, a WAWA (Rte 100 @ Schantz RD) was at the beginning of the road i needed.. i'd drop the trailer, and get on over there. always fresh rows of coffee, and freshly made breakfast sammichs, and that one also had a sandwich deli..(i am not sure all WAWA's have deli's...)

Yeah you missed the good times. I think it went down around the time they started doing "dark roast" because they had switched suppliers. They started the dark roast not long after or around the time they changed around all the cup size names. Whe was that? 6? 7 years ago?

@Rigjockey

@Skateboard puller

Yeah you missed the good times. I think it went down around the time they started doing "dark roast" because they had switched suppliers. They started the dark roast not long after or around the time they changed around all the cup size names. Whe was that? 6? 7 years ago?

@Rigjockey @Skateboard puller

video not available in the states..????

i guess trumps border wall is working.....

when i did the Allentown, PA, DHL run, a WAWA (Rte 100 @ Schantz RD) was at the beginning of the road i needed.. i'd drop the trailer, and get on over there. always fresh rows of coffee, and freshly made breakfast sammichs, and that one also had a sandwich deli..(i am not sure all WAWA's have deli's...)
Wawa is just a good experience for the northeast. Much like Kwik Trip is a good experience in the northern Midwest.

Wawa is just a good experience for the northeast. Much like Kwik Trip is a good experience in the northern Midwest.
I'm surprised Kwik Trip isn't much bigger (area of the country they cover not parking lots). They've got a real good thing going as far as the stuff they offer. The lots are usually big enough to be doable but small enough to keep out most of the wheel holding riff raff too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread