Detroit Clark Detroit in Indy

freedhardwoods

freedhardwoods
I brought the truck in here to have the inner and outer fuel injector wiring harnesses changed. My boss had told them what needed to be done a week ago and told me to make the appointment when I could work it in. I checked in at 7 am and had the truck pulled up to one of the shop bays by 7:30. I went to the waiting room to watch tv.

At 11:30 I went to the counter to see how things were going. He went to talk to the mechanic. He came back and said it would be late tonight or possibly tomorrow when they would be done. That was about what I was expecting, so I went out for a walk and then back to the waiting room.

At 4:30 I remembered that I hadn't asked my supervisor how he wanted me to pay for it, so I went to the desk to see if they had a charge account. They looked and said they didn't, and I could use my card to pay.

About 8 pm I was thinking about asking if they were about to get it done when the night supervisor came out and said they needed authorization from my company before they could start.
:explode: I started yelling at him and chased him out of the room.

If it had been my truck, I would have left right then and never set foot in their door again. I don't know what was said, but my boss had a five minute conversation with this guy and now I'm sitting in my truck waiting to put it back in in the morning.

Before the day was over, I saw 2 other customers get some ridiculously lousy service. I can't believe they are still in business.

What a lovely experience.

They are used to peeps leaving equipment there and being able to tell little white scheduling lies via the telephone. Having a driver there to keep them honest was something they weren't prepared for.

Give 'em hell, every chance you get.

Meanwhile, there you sit, nothing to do, no place to go, and not earning a dime.

They should be paying you.

Somehow I lost this thread. Just found it again.

After I told my supervisor about everything that happened in the 2 days I was there, he told me to put down the time I left and when I got back on my pay sheet. I think I might get paid for it, although it should be Clark paying, not my company. He also said he wouldn't send any other drivers there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread