Christmas gift Advice needed!

hi all, I hope you don't mind me asking... It's not long until Christmas now and I'm stuck on what to buy my Lorry driver partner, and wondered if any of you had any suggestions?

I'm slightly clueless on the subject of trucks but I know he drives a Scania but may be changing so I don't want anything model specific.

I have a budget of £200 but anything under would be great.

Please please can any of you help!

Many thanks in advance.

Also.. Just from my own perspective: I've been driving for almost nine years and have nearly 2M km behind me. The last thing I want to do when I'm not in my truck is to think about my truck. Even when I am in my truck, I'd rather have something that takes me home during my off time. If your guy is a long-hauler who stays out days or weeks at a time, consider getting him something that will do that. Bedding that is like what's on the one you share with him...a small bottle of your cologne to take with him...priceless things like a small family photo album filled with pictures of the people he loves...something naughty that will make him think of having fun with you..

Lots of directions you can go with it.

Also.. Just from my own perspective: I've been driving for almost nine years and have nearly 2M km behind me. The last thing I want to do when I'm not in my truck is to think about my truck. Even when I am in my truck, I'd rather have something that takes me home during my off time. If your guy is a long-hauler who stays out days or weeks at a time, consider getting him something that will do that. Bedding that is like what's on the one you share with him...a small bottle of your cologne to take with him...priceless things like a small family photo album filled with pictures of the people he loves...something naughty that will make him think of having fun with you..

Lots of directions you can go with it.

Nice job zeroing in on that...I didn't even catch it. The domestic partner thing.

Anyway, my wife made me kickass home made blankets years ago and I still use them today, though they are getting old. She has awesome sewing abilities and tells me they weren't that expensive to make. They're better than anything you can buy, bar none.

If not, I can say that monetary amounts aside, thoughtful gifts are the best ones I've ever gotten.

Examples: Some weird artsy people I never met from NYC heard that I liked coffee and hated feet. I mean...I hate feet like Al Bundy hated feet...so these people sent as a wedding gift, a pound of gourmet coffee...and high quality socks.

I've yet to meet this people even after a billion years of being married, but that's one of the best gifts ever.

Al_Bundy_giant_foot_h.jpg

Another is from a cousin I've not seen in ages except on Facebook. She lives in Hollywood, and her and her husband recently completed a screened a documentary on DEVO. And she posted a DEVO Happy Birthday video on my Facebook page, and I thought it was totally awesome. I had no idea such a thing existed.

hi all, I hope you don't mind me asking... It's not long until Christmas now and I'm stuck on what to buy my Lorry driver partner, and wondered if any of you had any suggestions?

I'm slightly clueless on the subject of trucks but I know he drives a Scania but may be changing so I don't want anything model specific.

I have a budget of £200 but anything under would be great.

Please please can any of you help!

Many thanks in advance.
Well I put it to ya this way ....

If ya walk in somewhere and see something "you" LIKE and think that She will "Like" It welp ya need to Find the Door and get the HECK outta DODGE because if ya like it NO WAY is She gonna Like It.... "Caprice"

Buying for a female: if you are a guy, buy something that makes no sense to you whatsoever. EG, stuffed toys,fancy dolls, etc. Do not buy anything that requires "sizing" because you'll always be wrong.... especially with "intimate" clothing.

For any other "special day" get them around a $200 gift certificate at their favorite clothing shop. Let them pick their own togs out.

Do not, repeat not buy stuff like spa treatments, etc. You will get either a cold stare or tears accompanied by "Why do you think I need that". This begins a "discussion" in which you cannot avoid digging yourself deeper and deeper. No way you win here.

Buying for a guy: One word.... tools. the" $200 gift certificate" works wonders here. Men are at their happiest when cruising the tool dept. Like kids in a candy store. Be aware though that you may wind up being the "recipient" of several "home projects" that you may not ever actually use. Especially bird houses. For some reason many guys turn to building bird houses.... that will scare all the birds out of your back yard. :D

Well, I sorta lost touch with the male population but since you ask give you my two cent worth of what I would do.

Buy some manly material and sew him two nice shirts for travel....And embroidery on the inside of the shirt cuff a message of sorts from you like Merry Christmas or depending on the relationship a I love you. A long with a batch of his favorite homemade cookies. It becomes a personalized custom made gift.

i know many say this is not a good gift, but what i get my family is gift certificates.

this allows one to buy what he/she wants, WHEN he/she wants to buy it. usually here, there are no restrictions to how long you can keep a certificate till you spend it. however, some DO CHARGE some sort of fee at each purchase.

many years ago, i tired of shopping.

this way is much easier.

Anything from Carhartt. Flannel shirt, jacket or a belt. All top of the like stuff but expensive.

Buying for a guy: One word.... tools. the" $200 gift certificate" works wonders here. Men are at their happiest when cruising the tool dept. Like kids in a candy store. Be aware though that you may wind up being the "recipient" of several "home projects" that you may not ever actually use. Especially bird houses. For some reason many guys turn to building bird houses.... that will scare all the birds out of your back yard. :D

He does love tools as do most guys I know, trouble is he really isn't much good at using them! His passion is his Lorry so I'd really like to get him something he can use in that. I was looking at gettin a 24V oven from road King as he stays away a lot of the time.

What are your opinions? Will a truck oven be excitingly accepted and if so is there anything I need to look out for in particular?

He does love tools as do most guys I know, trouble is he really isn't much good at using them! His passion is his Lorry so I'd really like to get him something he can use in that. I was looking at gettin a 24V oven from road King as he stays away a lot of the time.

To begin with, being good with them has nothing atall to do with it. It's having them that's important. I used to have several hand-made-by-a-blacksmith (farrier to you I think) wrenches and stuff that I picked up at various farm auctions and such. They were of no practical use to me. But all my male friends and customers would drool over them. I suppose it's some avatistic link back to the old days when real men built their own tools. Watch a bunch of modern day soldiers around stuff like suits of armor and cross-bows and suchlike. Same kind of thing.

Trust me on this. :leer:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread