Chicago loop

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Hey looking for an opinion. Sunday morning between 6-7 am would it be safe to run the loop thru Chicago without a back up or should I go the extra 30 miles around like I normally do?

Sunday isn't usually an issue.

I just make it a habit to avoid the dump any chance I get.

I hear that. But saving 30 out of route miles is tempting. If it was m-sat I would say heck no and go around but I've never been thru on a Sunday.

When I'm heading to Minneapolis from Ohio I usually run 80 to 355 to 88 then 39. It's 30 miles further but it saves two hours of backed up traffic

Hey looking for an opinion. Sunday morning between 6-7 am would it be safe to run the loop thru Chicago without a back up or should I go the extra 30 miles around like I normally do?
Oh yeah you will be fine, It is like a ghost town at that time and that day.
I have gone through there many times on the weekend and sailed right through.
People are still sleeping it off from being up in Da club the night before.:thumbsup:

I'm going to attempt to get up at 230 am and go through downtown.

I say attempt because I kinda suck at pushing my start this THIS FAR back from 9am. But it would be awesome to make it home tomorrow afternoon, even if I am falling asleep and drooling on my shirt on the couch just after supper...

I'm going to attempt to get up at 230 am and go through downtown.

I say attempt because I kinda suck at pushing my start this THIS FAR back from 9am. But it would be awesome to make it home tomorrow afternoon, even if I am falling asleep and drooling on my shirt on the couch just after supper...

I would think 230 wouldn't be too bad. I have gone thru at 3 am with no problems other than smashed up cars blocking the granny lane. (Last time there were 2 wrecks, single car I presume drunks who didn't make it home.)

Fueled in Gary last nig...
er, I mean Friday night with something like 37 minutes remaining...
thought about running the gauntlet after break and determined that shooting for Morris, IL would seem an obtainable goal by any reasonable person.
;)

or not...
:toothpick:

:D

4am this morning worked just fine.

I did see three car accidents though, one of them happened as I was passing it.

Probably leftover drunks...

4am is close enough to 230...

You know that dream where you're having a conversation or skydiving or doing something really awesome (like Kate Upton) and all the while there's this really annoying noise in the background and you can't figure out what the hell it is?

Yeah...that.

4am is close enough to 230...

You know that dream where you're having a conversation or skydiving or doing something really awesome (like Kate Upton) and all the while there's this really annoying noise in the background and you can't figure out what the hell it is?

Yeah...that.
You know the worst part of watching this show? Setting your alarm on the TV and waking up to a guy being eaten by a dragon.

Hey looking for an opinion. Sunday morning between 6-7 am
I'd check google maps it will tell you several hours out if there's a backup or not. Just route it in google maps before your trip and you'll see if theres a backup. The green route means no prob. Yellow mean a slow down and a red route means a serious backup. Its pretty accurate and I use it all the time on my local expedited run to avoid headaches.

Let's see.....the last time I ran through Chicago on the Dan Ryan at 3AM, I sat for 4 hours completely stopped due to a shooting that left 2 people dead on the interstate. Road rage incident they said on the news. They finally opened up the road about the time the sun started to come up. Point being, in Chicago, you take a chance no matter what time of day it is. Depending on where you're coming from and going to, the route from Indy to Bloomington to Rockford is so much better and it isn't a huge difference mileage wise (309 via Bloomington vs 272 via Chicago).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread