Chicago company owns multiple drivers money. What to do?

RuslanRoss

Alex Logistics operating out of office located 1420 Renaissance Dr, Park Ridge ,IL owns me and other drivers money. It looks like they switched recently to Natex Enterprices/Freight System but most equipment and probably dedicated repair shop location likely stayed the same. I think it would be easy for authorities to verify such info. Should I approach DOT since Labor Departament says to make Unpaid Wages Claim but can not guarantee that IL law apply to truckers that travel through multiple states ( although they say they take interest in such cases and would investigate if more claims appear in system) . Maybe I should approach some broker association since I've seen "RipOff Reports" by customers. For example one that have had not been able to track it's loads for weeks and even made FEDs aware as they claim ( since it's an interstate activity) :
Ripoff Report | Alex Logistics DOT2135164 - MC832465ALEX LOGISTICS INC Complaint Review Park ridge, IL
Lawyers would prefer class action. Some would take the case but warn in advance they would take from whatever retrieve for driver quite a chunk. I need to "think twice" b4 hiring one :) .

Any advice?

I'd find an attorney that specializes in employment issues, and talk to him about your path going forward. That doesn't mean hiring him for a class action suit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread