Cheers where everyone knows your name

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
I just started streaming this show. No I do not live in an igloo, Many of my friends loved and watched Cheers.
I was one that would never stay home and wander the streets.
Anyways pretty awesome show. So far it it not dated at all.IMO it is till relevant and funny.

I started recording MacGyver.

Hadn't seen one since I was a kid.

Never realized that Burn Notice is a ripoff of MacGyver.

Or how so many of the things MacGyver does would never work in real life. And all the plot holes and inconsistencies. Or the crappy low resolution film they used. Like it was recorded in ELP mode with a consumer grade VHS camcorder.

I started recording MacGyver.

Hadn't seen one since I was a kid.

Never realized that Burn Notice is a ripoff of MacGyver.

Or how so many of the things MacGyver does would never work in real life. And all the plot holes and inconsistencies. Or the crappy low resolution film they used. Like it was recorded in ELP mode with a consumer grade VHS camcorder.
yeah, i liked the episode, where he welds a connecting rod with a battery charger...i'd sure NASCAR mechanics are in on that repair.

yeah, i liked the episode, where he welds a connecting rod with a battery charger...i'd sure NASCAR mechanics are in on that repair.
LOL.

I think I remember that one. He used two quarters for a welding rod, and I think the welder was a just battery.

And I think it was the origin of:
"Thank you Mr MacGyver. You have saved our veelage" in a Simpsons episode.

LOL.

I think I remember that one. He used two quarters for a welding rod, and I think the welder was a just battery.

And I think it was the origin of:
"Thank you Mr MacGyver. You have saved our veelage" in a Simpsons episode.
oh ok....a running down battery sitting for God knows how long, was able to produce enough spark/heat, to weld a connecting rod, to take thousands of RPM's, and pressure from combustion....

and isn't it a crime, to deface money.>???

unless it was a Mexican coin or two..........that's allowable....

I remember one where MacGyver was locked in some camp in central America or some place, and he made an ultralight airplane to escape.

The framework was bamboo, sail cloth was bed sheets, no idea what he did for an engine but the ventilation fan in the room he was in just happened to be an airplane propeller instead of the wide clover leaf shaped blade that fans always have. I remember laughing at the stupidity of that one when I was a kid.

One of the ones I recorded had MacGyver make a hot air balloon to escape a Soviet bloc country.... He made a hot air balloon from sheets and stuff,..... in like 20 minutes. And a Ranger station just happened to have that many sheets, a sewing machine and enough thread, the perfect thing to use as a basket, and something to make a propane burner out of.

Not only that, but the Soviets were unable to shoot it down with all of their cold war military equipment.

:biglaugh:

Y'all hijacked a Cheers thread with McGuyver!
i used to like Batman and all his Bat gadgets.......ZAP, Zowie, BAM....

th

I'm waiting for someone to come out with a fit bit that plays sounds from $6 million dollar man.

I just started streaming this show. No I do not live in an igloo, Many of my friends loved and watched Cheers.
Anyways pretty awesome show. So far it it not dated at all.IMO it is till relevant and funny.

And I have now started at season 1 on Netflix, watched the first three episodes so far.

I blame you for this....

I'll be streaming live in 10, 9, 8, 7...
never mind, you missed it!
DAMMIT!

Good thing I was on the porch!
:)

Did you get through all the seasons?

Fall Guy was awesome.
Alvacados not so much

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread