Cat. Fuel Harness

Caterpillar Cat C15 Acert Performance harness 40HP | eBay

Has anyone heard of this? Have you tried it? What were your results?

Bad link. But if its the one for the fuel temp yes it works. Some claim up to 40 more horses but mine was 24 more per the dyno. If there asking more than $35 dollars for it for get it. There is a guy in Kansas thats makes them for $35 with free shipping.

Never mine.....the link works.........hes wanting to much for it.

Bad link. But if its the one for the fuel temp yes it works. Some claim up to 40 more horses but mine was 24 more per the dyno. If there asking $35 dollars for it for get it. These a guy in Kansas thats makes them for $35 with free shipping.
This Performance harness offers you the 40 extra horsepower and better fuel mileage! .5 MPG! It is most noticable at highway speeds with a load on, which is really where it counts.

Its Very Easy to install, Simply plug the performance harness into the fuel Temperature sensor and then plug the factory harness into the performance harness. On a c15 the fuel temperature sensor is located on the primary fuel filter head on the drivers side of the engine.

***THIS HARNESS WILL WORK FOR CATERPILLAR C15 ACERT ENGINES. SERIAL # PREFIXES ARE MXS AND NXS

This Product does not meet emissions

The Original Performance harness!

I clicked my link and you quote of my like and both worked. Here is the description from Ebay.

hes wanting to much for it.

Uhhhhhhhh... A product you, claim in part, that works? A .5 mpg improvement would come out to over $4,000.00 savings per year. Even if it was only a .1 mpg improvement would pay for itself in no time. This is assuming any improvement in fuel mileage. I guess what I am saying a $3,985.00 savings would be well worth it.

Uhhhhhhhh... A product you, claim in part, that works? A .5 mpg improvement would come out to over $4,000.00 savings per year. Even if it was only a .1 mpg improvement would pay for itself in no time. This is assuming any improvement in fuel mileage. I guess what I am saying a $3,985.00 savings would be well worth it.

I never claimed an improvement in fuel mileage. Upping the horse power yes. When I got mine I was looking for something to make this turd 475 acert run better. It "might" gain 1th in mileage. Taking the factory cat mufflers off did more for mileage than the wire.
The biggest gain was from Mr. Haney's PDI stage 1 tune and that netted me a solid .5 mpg gain.

I never claimed an improvement in fuel mileage. Upping the horse power yes. When I got mine I was looking for something to make this turd 475 acert run better. It "might" gain 1th in mileage. Taking the factory cat mufflers off did more for mileage than the wire.
The biggest gain was from Mr. Haney's PDI stage 1 tune and that netted me a solid .5 mpg gain.

Yes, I understand you claimed no mileage increase. The information on the website did. Nevertheless, even if it was .1, that is still a saving of near $1,000.00 per year, well worth the extra $15.00, at least in my opinion.

Terry, sometimes you just don't get it. Tim says there is a guy in Kansas that sells the same thing for $15 less than the eBay deal, and free shipping. SO that is $25 bucks less than the eBay deal. And you always sound like such a tight assed mother ****er, always talking about doing this or that to get one tenth of a mile per gallon better fuel mileage. And we all know you aren't doing this **** for bragging rights, you're doing it to save money.

So why in the Hell are you debating this with Tim?

Get the info from him for the one in Kansas and buy the damned thing already.

If you look around, there are about a dozen guys making these things and selling them. It is more than just a wiring harness, there is a resistor in the wire to cause the sensor to send an altered signal to the computer, thereby fooling it into sending more or less fuel to the injectors.

That is all it is, nothing more.

One guy even paints his GOLD. Like that makes a friggen difference!

Because I can't understand quibbling about saving $25.00 on any product that will give you a ROI ov $1,000.00! I hear it all the time and still can't understand it. I am asking for real world experience on performance and fuel savings. If there is no fuel savings, well, I don't need any HP increase, I have all I need and if I want more I can get more than 700 in a few days.

Usually when you increase horsepower, Fuel economy goes down.. Just like when I lean into the peddle, The further it goes the more fuel is burned.. I am happy with the fuel economy out of the C-15 in the 07 KW and the Western Star..

I understand what your saying Terry but hes the thing, I've seen so many of them guys on fleabay make them things and claim to do wonders like nothing else. I've seen claims of 100 hp increase, 1~2 mpg increase and every thing in between then charge anywhere from 50 to 175 bucks or more when it only costs maybe at the vary most $15 for the parts. I gave the guy in Kansas $35 for mine because 1) I didnt wanna take the time to make it myself, 2) he all ready new what size resistor it takes and what wire to hook it too 3) he wasn't trying to be a rip off con artist when he sold me the thing.
He never claimed I'd would get better fuel mileage, but he did claim I'd get more HP that part he was right. Like I said I may have gained a tenth.
Some of them guys on fleabay are just like truck brokers, looking for a sucker to take the bait.

I don't need any HP increase, I have all I need and if I want more I can get more than 700 in a few days.
BTY I have all most 800 at the flywheel, 675 to the tires.:beep:

If there is no fuel savings, well, I don't need any HP increase,

As I said, there are about a dozen different guys selling the same damn thing. All there is to these things is a resistor in one of the wires. Then the purveyors of these things make numerous claims as to the benefits, because there are tens of thousands of guys like you looking for a tiny bit more.

All this thing does is trick the ECM into squirting a bit more fuel into the cylinder.

I really doubt that you will get better fuel economy with it.

More power? You bet. Even Tim confirmed that.

Usually when you increase horsepower, Fuel economy goes down.. Just like when I lean into the peddle, The further it goes the more fuel is burned.. I am happy with the fuel economy out of the C-15 in the 07 KW and the Western Star..

This is wrong, to a point. When you increase HP at first fuel mileage may drop, until you learn how to handle it. Once you learn to control the HP and your foot your fuel mileage will increase.

I found one for $250.00 he claims I'll get 75 hp and 1 mpg improvement. I can't wait to try it out. I think once I put on the Turbo 3000 I should be able to get in the 10's.

I'll make ya deal!!

I'll sale you my Cat fuel wire plus a turbo boost wire and a turdbo 3000 for $250 free shipping. I've proved mine works, they haven't. LOL

Do you have the air tabs? I want to put them on the tractor, along the back and around the wheels. I'm thinking about alternating the colors for a really unique and personalized tractor. I think if I put them on the back of the stepdeck and on the upper stepdeck. I'm sure I can squeeze another .001 mpg out of the truck yet!

I just got off the phone with Bully Dog, they say they can write me a tune I can download for 900 hp. They told me my stock engine was made to handle that much HP. I think I'm going to do it. I'll have one of the badest trucks on the road and I'll still get 9 mpg! Pretty cool! I'll let you know how it goes.

You better not do that! If you take off one time just a little to fast/hard you'll ruin a brand new set of Low Rolling Resistance tires!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread