Car-Loving Dog Needs a Home

Sassina

Hi everyone!

I am not a trucker, but I am a dog foster mom and I have a foster dog that I believe would absolutely thrive with someone who is on the road and can take him with as a co-pilot. He is roughly 4-5 years old and I see his genuine, happy smile when he is in the car with us. He was found abandoned in a yard at a vacant rental property. He does well both indoors (crate trained and house broken) and outdoors (off leash even!), but relaxes more when he is outside or in a car. He was not socialized as a young pup, so he does not understand how to play with other dogs without becoming reactive. He prefers to be with his humans on the road. In fact, he is the most affectionate when in the car. Definitely a companion pup.

Because of his human preference and his genuine joy when in the car, I figured someone in the trucking industry might be his perfect fit. We have 4 other dogs so we do work on his socialization, but he is constantly on edge around them.

We call him Jasper. He is fixed/chipped/vaccinated and knows his basic commands. Breed is unknown but it appears he is some sort of hound and lab mix. Black with white markings. 58 lbs. He is currently heart worm positive but is undergoing treatment and will be completely healed of that in 2 months. Located in the Mooresville, NC area (north of Charlotte, south of I-40). Feel free to email me at [email protected] if interested in more information. Happy to arrange a meeting if you are passing through!

Thanks and safe travels!
Lauren

IMG-7751.JPGIMG-8699.JPG