Car Hauling Virginia Transportation

liveaboard74

Outter Banks NC
Always run coast to coast and wanted to get a little closer to home and one of the boys I knew told me to call Leo at VT. Was good advice.
If you have Two Years >CAR HAULING< under your belt and don't mind work the money is tops in the industry, new eqt before it hits 500 thousand and paid holidays along with medical, dential, eye, and 50k life paid on you no cost to you the day you start. Company 401k matched 2.5 is something that's hard to find in this business.
Trucks are not cut back. They want you to ride and ride hard.
Not a job for those that want to ride the logs and truck stop every night. Always cars to haul and you make as much as you want but they expect the truck to make at least 320k which driver pay is 25%. Very well established and we haul honda only with rail yards in three sectors ranging from the Carolina's to New England unless your back hauling to get back to your home rail.
Division 1. NJ to Maine company based out of Covertry RI (don't ask me why their Virginia Transport)
Division 2. Va to NJ
Division 3 Both Carolina's and Lincoln Ala to the big units plant about once or twice every two weeks.
Tripping out of Brunswick Ga Port back into NC when your down that far on the coast.
Twic Card is a must and company likes 3 weeks out with 3 days home.. 34 restarts are taken at the house so your home about ever 7 days for the 34 anyway. (If you want it. :) ) They work on 3 or 4 weeks out program. I run 4. Like the 4 days home a month and call them mini vacations.
Not a office manager company. Owner, co owner and guy over trucks use to haul cars so no BS if you need something fixed.. They get it fixed NOW.
Earnings range from 70k to 100k depending on what your looking for in life. You set your own pace.
Total Pete Fleet all new strap trucks as of Sept 2011 500hp cummins 13 speeds . Brake down pay+ motel. Medical cost me 35 per week at 54 years old. Company trying to work it where its paid on the driver.
No rider program unless both hold CDL's. Will allow pets but they will inspect your truck. Your driving owner operator package trucks and they expect them kept clean.
No damage fund taken out your pay until you have chargable. . They do deduct for damages weekly after that but your choice hauling 9 or 10. If you've hauled cars you know the deal with that one.
Best advantage..> THEY LEAVE YOU ALONE. Don't want to talk to you unless its something wrong.
Want everyone to have e mail but not required. Do have to have your own camera or camera phone to take photos if any damage does happen.
Like any other car hauling company there is some confusion when your moving 1500 cars yourself a year but they fix problems fast...
Contact myself. Luke at [email protected]
Thanks.
View attachment 13591
View attachment 13592
View attachment 13591View attachment 13592

Do they provide hieght poles? That Honda Pilot looks pretty tall.

Also, do they hold any money in escrow for claims? Some car hauling outfits do, and don't say anything until you're already in the door.

My dad drove parking lots. I went with him a few times, it was good work, enjoyable and like you said, hard running.

Too bad they don't run out my way. I think sometimes a change of pace would be nice. Especially for that kind of money.

Do they provide hieght poles? That Honda Pilot looks pretty tall.

Also, do they hold any money in escrow for claims? Some car hauling outfits do, and don't say anything until you're already in the door.
Morning sinister....
With all the BS we have to put up with and the straight face lies in all of our worlds,,, this guy Leo is really a straight up guy and no they do not take money out of your check until you have chargeable damage, meaning until you have a boo-boo then they take it out a little at a time weekly . Another way to look at it is you never pay till you screw up.. Hows that. :) Went back and high lighted it in my OP. Not the best sometimes at getting points across so thanks for letting me know I needed to elaborate it a little better.. :) Something I also want to mention its a totally open door company and Leo is the owner and if its justified and you call him with a problem he is a wide open person (yankee) LOL and he don't wait till the next morning. He don't have a problem waking everyone up and they will fix the issue tonight. Really do like that guy. Dispatchers, truck guy, he don't care what plans inner office had for the weekend if you need something that pertains to his trucks he'll fire their tails up and get them back to the office now... hahah Making a joke of it, the office folks fear us cause they know one call does it all. :joke:

O ya, height sticks are supplied and I forgot to mention, you can ask anytime what the load is paying and they will tell you. No hiding and beating you around the bush ... I won't yank your chain, sometimes on the back halls we have like Brunswick back into the Carolina I wonder about the rate but when myself as just a driver can adv both ways over a dollar a mile to me and their putting me in top of the line eqt I don't push that issue to hard. Those back hauls with almost no dead head back into our rail area are when we really get tickled about things and they strive to grab them every time they can. Working rails you know they have it worked out with this folks knowing the dead head back to the rail is figured in with the one way delivery so they don't have to twist my arm to hard for me to jump and run when something opens up where I can grab a few or especially load the racks full on the way back.. One of those days you smile all day long. :)

Racer, its never to late to say never buddy.. :) The only thing that holds us all back in life is our own selves. Made some bold moves in my choices in life and its takes a lot of nerves but every one like changing directions with this car hauling stuff has been the right one for me but i"m been single and chasing my own dream since age 32. Know it harder on family folk but these young guys that really have a good back ground in hard work, want to get ahead in a hurry and put their family security first with these times we're in could tear down mountains if they wanted to . The good jobs still need drivers but they ain't always the easy ones with easy work.. This is one of them.. LOL
Like anything else in life,, if you want it bad enough there's always a way you can have it. Just depends on how hard you want to work for it..

PS
Sinister seen you sig on the proverbs 31.7 verse.. Father was the head of the Baptist Board of NC for 8 years back in the 60's and first part of the 70s. Little bit of that up bringing did rub off.. Have a great day friend...

Don't know how I forgot this one.. Getting old.. Best part about the job is free breakfast every morning.
99% of the time you'll be at the dealership waiting for them to open up in the morning. Always hot free coffee and Honda prides itself in making the buyers as comfortable as they can be with their wait so always donuts, muffins , quick snack goodies for your choice of morning quickie breakfast.... :joke:

See there,,,, you guys only though the cops had it good... :cop:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread