Unvaccinated cross border Canadian drivers

Main reason being, some drivers work for companies that take great care of them and they wouldn't risk that position just to satisfy a small minority.

I'd be curious to know the stats on just what the percentage is of drivers in both countries that actually have to cross the border to deliver or pick up. It almost sounds like a warehousing opportunity. Build several warehouses strategically placed for the supplying drivers to deliver and drivers for the end using country to pick up. Problem solved.
Just guessing it's pretty disproportionate between the two. Canada would seem to have a higher percentage of cross border drivers just going off what you see for jobs here and the amount of Americans I've heard over the years say (quite understandably so) that they would never wanna take a truck into Canada.

Now the vaccine mandate is back on.
Yup! Now it is back on. They reversed their reversal of a reversal.
It's ****ing embarrassing! One of the reps from one of the trucking groups said the same.
The world thinks Canada is run by ass clowns and they are right! This is what you get when you elect and re-elect a drama/ snowboard instructor.:foreheadslap:

When the jobs dry up and the shelves run dry, People will finally understand that JT is and always has been, INCOMPETENT! Or very competent if his goal was to destroy Canada and build back better.
You will own nothing and you will be happy about it!
Canada, Welcome to Venezuela:wave:

I was going to post this in the Canadian vaccine mandate thread but it is locked for some reason. I will just put this right here.

I was just watching on the news where Canadian drivers are headed to Ottawa the nations capital to protest the vax mandate.
I was surprised to see many supporters on the overpasses waving flags and holding signs in support of the truckers.

I was going to post this in the Canadian vaccine mandate thread but it is locked for some reason. I will just put this right here.
I had locked it to create the new thread about them backing down from the mandate, only to have them flip flop on backing down, so I need to just merge those two together.

I was just watching on the news where Canadian drivers are headed to Ottawa the nations capital to protest the vax mandate.
I was surprised to see many supporters on the overpasses waving flags and holding signs in support of the truckers.
Those threads are now merged and open.

Amazing how just two years ago a vax mandate would seem absurd and here we are today where a segment of the population and governments think it is okay to dictate what others must do. What others must be subjected to.

I am not okay with it, never have been!
I am vaxxed, I made my choice, Others should be free to make their choice and I fully support their choice to not get vaxxed! :thumbsup:

Wow, pretty classless comment by the head of the Canadian Trucking Alliance.

The organization's president says truckers 'must adapt and comply' by cross-border vaccination rules

I get that you don't want to support a protest, that is your call. Doesn't matter to me which side of the fence people are on in these situations. But to tell drivers something like this is showing pure authoritarian leanings. Time for the truckers of Canada to expel this creature from his position.

Again, I don't fault the guy for disagreeing with the protest, I fault him for that comment.

Wow, pretty classless comment by the head of the Canadian Trucking Alliance.

I get that you don't want to support a protest, that is your call. Doesn't matter to me which side of the fence people are on in these situations. But to tell drivers something like this is showing pure authoritarian leanings. Time for the truckers of Canada to expel this creature from his position.

Again, I don't fault the guy for disagreeing with the protest, I fault him for that comment.
You nailed it @Mike !
These trucking associations represent trucking companies and not the trucking industry. They are so out of touch with the actual people that drive the trucks, it is insane!

You nailed it @Mike !
These trucking associations represent trucking companies and not the trucking industry. They are so out of touch with the actual people that drive the trucks, it is insane!

Back when truckers were protesting in the United States over fuel prices (way before Black Smoke Matters existed) OOIDA came out opposing the protests/shutdowns. I disagreed with them, but respected the association's decision to distance from something they disagreed with.

But to tell people they must comply? That is over the top. Really, it is disturbing and grounds for sending that person packing from the organization.

Back when truckers were protesting in the United States over fuel prices (way before Black Smoke Matters existed) OOIDA came out opposing the protests/shutdowns. I disagreed with them, but respected the association's decision to distance from something they disagreed with.

But to tell people they must comply? That is over the top. Really, it is disturbing and grounds for sending that person packing from the organization.
Yeah it is funny that the media reports the CTA condemns the convoy and they state it like bible, the trucking industry condemns the convoy.
CTA is not the trucking industry, CTA is all about the big companies like the ATA is.

Neither one of those trucking organizations mean jack shit to the average driver, O/O or independents!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread