Can you use alternative fuels for trucks?

AltFuelWorld

Hey i've always wondered this, is it possible to use an alternative fuel for your semi-trucks? With the diesel prices thru the roof I've been wondering if its feasible.

And if anyone does use it, can you give any feed back on it? Do you prefer it over diesel (not just for the cost difference but for say performance or anything?)

Any information is appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Hey i've always wondered this, is it possible to use an alternative fuel for your semi-trucks? With the diesel prices thru the roof I've been wondering if its feasible.

And if anyone does use it, can you give any feed back on it? Do you prefer it over diesel (not just for the cost difference but for say performance or anything?)

Any information is appreciated, and thanks in advance!

you can indeed use bio-diesel, but if you are a company driver, you had better not.

if you are an o/o, i strongly advise you to contact your ENGINE MAKER, NOT THE DEALER for furthur information. be sure to have ALL the engine information they need ready to properly advise you.

but as it stands right now, i DO KNOW several o/o's with older trucks, and some with newer trucks, and they DO USE bio-diesel when they can find a truckstop that sells it.....

no one i have spoken to, says performance suffers.

bio diesel

best source of information is crete and schaeffer trucking who all use alternative fuels..willie nelson biodiesel trkstop is just south of dallas. the low sulphur emission fuel is causing problems for older trks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread