Trucking News: California approves world’s first electric truck sales mandate

Mike

California regulators have approved a mandate requiring truck manufacturers to sell an increasing percentage of electric vehicles starting in 2024.

The rule is the first of its kind in the world.

Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are leery, while startups Tesla and Nikola back the standard.

In a highly anticipated vote, the 12-member California Air Resources Board (CARB) unanimously approved an electric truck mandate that will require medium- and heavy-duty truck manufacturers to sell an increasing percentage of zero emission vehicles in the state starting in 2024.

The Advanced Clean Truck rule, the first of its kind in the world, sets out different sales targets based on the vehicle class. By 2035, about 75% of Class 8 big rigs sold will need to be electric.

ah good ole naziforina. the only state that madates electric rubbish and forced solar panels on newly built homes to drive the cost up more!!! but yet they encourage all this bullshit but yet they shut the power off:D:oops::confused-96::coocoo:

I am about tired of California calling the shots and setting the standards for North America with their CARB.
The 2026 standard will be emission negative trucks fueled by unicorn farts harvested by aliens.
just wait till we all see mike driving down the road with fire engine red with flashy solar panels:D:oops:

Since we aint connected to Alaska, would yall mind havin a province that aint connected? You can have Kalifornia :whistling:
alaska's getting to be as bad a CA and oregon can be as well depending on where you live.. i am hoping the loons moving to NV don't **** NV up with there lunicy

alaska's getting to be as bad a CA and oregon can be as well depending on where you live.. i am hoping the loons moving to NV don't **** NV up with there lunicy
Surprised kalifornia idiots could tolerate that cold

The used truck dealers just got a huge boost in business. Any one reconditioning old trucks is going to make a killing. Just how long would it take to recharge an electric truck? I don't think they make a battery with enough capacity, to drive from one end of the State to the other, without a recharge.

California regulators have approved a mandate requiring truck manufacturers to sell an increasing percentage of electric vehicles starting in 2024.

The rule is the first of its kind in the world.

Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are leery, while startups Tesla and Nikola back the standard.

In a highly anticipated vote, the 12-member California Air Resources Board (CARB) unanimously approved an electric truck mandate that will require medium- and heavy-duty truck manufacturers to sell an increasing percentage of zero emission vehicles in the state starting in 2024.

The Advanced Clean Truck rule, the first of its kind in the world, sets out different sales targets based on the vehicle class. By 2035, about 75% of Class 8 big rigs sold will need to be electric.

Good luck with that. They still haven't made a commercially viable electric truck. There may be a few Tesla Toys out there, but I haven't seen anything that would stack up against a diesel tractor.

The used truck dealers just got a huge boost in business. Any one reconditioning old trucks is going to make a killing. Just how long would it take to recharge an electric truck? I don't think they make a battery with enough capacity, to drive from one end of the State to the other, without a recharge.
Thats the point

Reduce the range, and control the stuff ya need to keep it goin

Aint nobody gonna convince me otherwise

And just who is going to pay for the infrastructure improvements required to supply that many charging stations, let alone the charging stations themselves? And where does all this electricity come from?
In a State that has regular rolling blackouts to boot.

"Hi dispatch, my battery is dead and I'm stuck in Oxnard on the 405, during a rolling blackout. Gotta make this a quick call as my phones about to die also. I'll take my 36 now and call you when I'm charged up."

The APU's will be doing double duty charging trucks at truck stops. Totally defeating the electric truck benefits.

Currently our infrastructure couldn't handle half the driving population going to electric cars. Ain't no way in hell are you going to support even one State going to electric class 4 & 8 trucks.
Yeah I mean it's a hassle just to road trip in a Tesla car. But imagine how much less maintenance you'd have and no leaks! Unless the battery cracks then it's a hazmat call. But still.

I just thought of some thing. Isn't California the asshats that started the whole DEF crap in the first place? Aren't new diesel trucks darn near zero emissions now? If so, why the electric push? Anything that has to make electricity is pretty damn harmful to the environment as it is (gas, coal, nuclear).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread