C15 cat acert(egr) delete

kenny440

Has anyone ever unplugged thier intake acuators for the acert egr system? I'm going to next week to see if the computer will cut my power. My engine is a 06 NSX c15 cat 475hp.

I'd also like to know why this engine is so quiet when I got the hammer down. Is it the acert(egr intake jake brake), the tune, it can't be the turbos. I have 5 inch straight exhaust from the turbo to the tip. It sounds normal with the Jakes on but other than that it sounds like a Prius.

If you have 2007 emissions, the DPF acts as a muffler as well as a filter.

I like my quiet ISX.

It's a 07 truck with a 06 engine so no dpf. I just sold a 06 isx 500 I welded the egr shut on it and ran like a champ. It also had no mufflers.

It's a 07 truck with a 06 engine so no dpf. I just sold a 06 isx 500 I welded the egr shut on it and ran like a champ. It also had no mufflers.
There's a guy I work with who has a 2005 KW ...Cat, I think, but I haven't looked under his hood. He welded the EGR shut, did some ECM stuff and he gets 8.5mpg average. That's according to the QC, so actual is probably closer to 7.75, but that's still impressive for a W9.

I'd like nothing better than to eliminate the DPF, EGR, etc.. IF it could be done professionally and cleanly. I don't want to have some hack under the hood. I'd probably boost my mpg by at least a full mile.

But ...that's not lawful..:rolleyes:

Im not sure about the 06-07 c15 but the 05 (like mine) dont have an egr.

Thr whole acert concept is to stay away from the egr idea.

That being said. Turbos act as silencers. The more turbos the quieter the engine will be.
Look at f1 sound pre-turbo n now.

If you want to make the turbos whistle louder get a k&n air filter

The acert from 2004 to present is egr. It's stealth that most people don't know about. It's like a jake brake on the intake valve. As the piston comes back up after firing the exhaust valves open and the acuators(acert) opens the intake valves and lets exhaust go back into the intake. If you take off your air compressor hose or intake pipe your jaw will drop when you see the soot your engine is breathing.

The acert from 2004 to present is egr. It's stealth that most people don't know about. It's like a jake brake on the intake valve. As the piston comes back up after firing the exhaust valves open and the acuators(acert) opens the intake valves and lets exhaust go back into the intake. If you take off your air compressor hose or intake pipe your jaw will drop when you see the soot your engine is breathing.
My nissan altima was supposed to be the same way.
But i think you got it mess up. As the piston is in the intake stroke the exhaust valve opens along with intake n sucks exhaust back in. So, thats not a real egr.

Please do a tutorial im interested in this and i got a c15 twin turbo too.

That i love, i should include.

You can back off the IVA's some but you can't eliminate them. It will derate iirc. Just spend the money on a good tune and you will be happy.

Hey!!! @Les2 is back!!!

I been thinking of a tune but it seems it'll be easier to find a cocaine dealer than a tuning shop nowadays:rolllaugh:

Been pretty busy.

I thought there were a bunch up your way, maybe not.?

There are some down here you could probably swap ECM's?

Been pretty busy.

I thought there were a bunch up your way, maybe not.?

There are some down here you could probably swap ECM's?
Here is Austin Tx the legend says that there is one in Dallas, but no ome knows the address or name.

Nope. I always been here in the great state of Texas. The home of the lone star.

If you know any shops near by. That would be helpful.

Redneck diesel performance does deletes in Hutchins,tx just south of dallas. Had a buddy with a acert last week was losing power blowing heater hoses and compressing air slowly. Cat wanted to change the head(they said it was cracked). The egr(acert) clogged his air dryer filter. Kinda scary that soot could get into the air system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread