• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

C.R. England opens new driver retention, recognition office

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
SALT LAKE CITY — C.R. England has opened the doors to its newest office, Driver Retention and Recognition, at its headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. The office is designed to help build the company driver and independent contractor relationships to create long term and successful commercial drivers.

“This office will create stronger recognition for our drivers and promote a better and more connected work environment to our road warriors,” said Bud Pierce, director, Capacity Assurance – Retention and Recognition.

Pierce will lead the office to create driver recognition and award programs to instill the C.R. England values of success and accomplishment in the drivers.

Prior to his current role, Pierce held the title of director, Horizon Truck Sales and Leasing. He has been in the transportation industry for the last 25 years.

full story

Every time I stepped out to pass in the chewy stuff in the hammer lane the tractor got real squirrely. With the diffs locked in it straightened right up and got good forward bite.

Kinda like using the 4 wheel drive on my pickup.

Are you talking about a diff lock or a power divider?

Re-read my post. This guy was driving far too slowly to be safe on the road. He was creating a hazard, and should have gotten off the road and parked it.

This is your personal assumption concerning this driver. Therefore it is not necessarrily the correct or prudent one. He was, as I have said before, possibly driving within what he considered the safe speed. Could it have been that 60 to 65 was unsafe for the conditions?

Someone who cannot proceed at a decent pace during inclement weather is a hazard to themselves, and other drivers on the road.

The way this guy was driving clearly indicated that he did not possess the skills or confidence to operate a commercial motor vehicle safely and at a reasonable speed on the conditions that existed. He should have exited the highway and parked the truck for the night.

Again this is a assumption by you. I do not understand how you became the expert who could determine when or if a person possess the skil or experience to proceed at a specific speed. He is the driver as should determine what is safe and prudent, not you nor me. Therefore, he should not have to get off the road you you nor I can pass.

If the majority of the drivers for CR England would exhibit better behavior on the road and in truckstops, perhaps they wouldn't catch so much ****.

The experience I posted above was a personal experience. I have literally hundreds of them. Here are a couple more:

On interstate 90, Westbound near Ellensburg, WA a CR England truck suddenly changed lanes and slowed drastically, just as I was about to overtake him. He then turned into the crossover that is clearly posted "Authorized Vehicles Only", and executed a u-turn. There was a pasenger, I assume a "trainer", but I can't be sure. This is clearly a illegal, stupid and unsafe thing to do.

More times than I can count, CR England trucks fuel and then leave their truck at the pumps, rather than pull forward, while they go inside to use the restroom, shop around in the c-store, and get their fuel receipts.

Also, more times than I can count, CR England trucks drive way too fast in the truckstop parking lots. I have come close to getting hit by these idiots, both in my truck, and as I am walking in the parking lot.

Far too many times I have been rolling along, about to overtake a CR England truck, only to have these morons suddenly signal and pull out in front of me. How is it that someone cannot look in the mirror and judge the closing speed of another truck and not notice that the overtaking truck is going 10 to 15 miles an hour faster than them?

I'm only calling them as I see them.

I have seen these problems at various places, as you have. Although I have not noticed that England drivers were the only deivers doing this. I have witnessed many drivers doing as you say, from various companies.

I might also point out that I usually pull flatbed freight, but the company I drive for gets an occasional dry van load. This trip was one such load. I had taken a load of aircraft tooling from Seattle, WA to Winnipeg, MB to a Boeing plant. It was the last week before Christmas, and there wasn't any freight coming back, so they bounced me all the way home.

So here I was, in Montana, in a snowstorm, with an empty trailer.

I didn't have any trouble going by this traffic jam that was running in the right lane on mostly bare pavement, in the hammer lane, in about a foot of fresh, chewy snow, with an empty trailer. Just locked in the diffs, had an easy grip on the wheel and kept a light foot on the pedal.

Easy Squeezy, No Pain, No Stain.

Must have been a freaky storm, with selective coverage. I have never seen a snow storm that left one foot of snow in one lane and left the other lane mostly bare. But then again lots of strange things happening in this world.

Anyway, appreciate the discourse, but I will have to end this conversation. Unfortunately, my work load does not allow me the opportunity to continue this exchange. So, nice talking with you.

Must have been a freaky storm, with selective coverage. I have never seen a snow storm that left one foot of snow in one lane and left the other lane mostly bare.

It happens all the time in the winter.

Most traffic is in the right lane. Continuous traffic in the right lane and nobody using the left lane, makes for more snow in the left lane. Also it's possible a plow went through and only plowed one lane. The snow plows are not 40 feet wide.

I have seen these problems at various places, as you have. Although I have not noticed that England drivers were the only deivers doing this. I have witnessed many drivers doing as you say, from various companies.

Yes, but this is the forum for CR England. Look around the other carrier specific forums, I bash all the screw-ups equally.

Must have been a freaky storm, with selective coverage. I have never seen a snow storm that left one foot of snow in one lane and left the other lane mostly bare. But then again lots of strange things happening in this world.

I said "about a foot" and "mostly bare". When the majority of traffic runs in the right lane it will get cleared of most of the accumulation of snow, and the plows usually clear the right lane first.

The right lane was partly compact snow and ice, with ruts where the tires run that were clear in most places, with the usual patches of ice an inch or so thick.

It happens all the time in the winter.

Most traffic is in the right lane. Continuous traffic in the right lane and nobody using the left lane, makes for more snow in the left lane. Also it's possible a plow went through and only plowed one lane. The snow plows are not 40 feet wide.

^^^^^ What the Duck said. ^^^^^

England bashing!! Where to begin!! I gave them the benefit of the doubt, being in a tight spot and needing a job.

I have always wanted to get my CDL, they offered to train me for free if I worked for them for 6 months. Now 4 months later, I am back home with no job. I spent the entire time begging and pleading for more miles. I might as well been asking for the Colonel's secret recipe. Finally got a good week of 3400 miles, and thought things were finally turning around and I would get caught up on my payments and start making a paycheck. Boy was I was mistaken!!

I spent a whole weekend sitting at a truck stop trying in vain to get a load to run, only to finally be told that I had to go to the Indiana yard to meet with the leasing company about my lease. Long story short, they DQ'ed me for being behind on my payments. Hmmm.... My DM won't give me miles, without the miles I can't make my payments, I get fired. AWESOME!!

They leave me stranded in Indiana, 1200 miles from home. The fun part is, my girlfriend and our dogs are riding with me. We had settled in to do this for the long haul (no pun intended), and had turned the truck into our home. Fortunately, I had some family that was in a position to help cover the expense of a rental car and gas to get us and our stuff home.

All this because I refused to be a trainer. I don't feel that someone with less than a year of driving is qualified to train other new drivers. As it is, I had to train other trainers some already. Simple stuff like how to read a map and program a GPS! Really fun when they can barely speak or understand English!!

So now here I am, 4 months experience and a DQ from my first employer. It's gonna be fun finding another driving job!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread