boxing

diehard

redneck
bernard hopkins won the light heavyweight belt tonight against jean pascal. hopkins is 46 years old.

I used to watch boxing on the ABC Wide World of Sports.
That is not on anymore.
Once when I was married, I ordered the Tyson/Holyfield fight on pay per view.
Last fight I ever watched.
They beat the tar out of each other.
So what network carries the fights now?

Oh, and Sugar Ray Leonard was the best boxer ever.
That man was a human windmill.
I always liked the lighter weights better.
Way better action.

I used to watch a lot of boxing. Lennox Lewis grew up where I live. I actually almost ran his ass over when he was jogging in the fog before the 1988 Olympics. There were a few good boxers in our area for years, but I haven't been following it lately.

I used to watch boxing on the ABC Wide World of Sports.
That is not on anymore.
Once when I was married, I ordered the Tyson/Holyfield fight on pay per view.
Last fight I ever watched.
They beat the tar out of each other.
So what network carries the fights now?

Oh, and Sugar Ray Leonard was the best boxer ever.
That man was a human windmill.
I always liked the lighter weights better.
Way better action.

i like the lighter weights too. not a lot of action after 4 or 5 rounds with most heavyweights. but i have seen a few heavyweights that were pretty good.

HBO.shows some fights on Friday or Saturday nights. But haven't Watched much boxing since Tyson.

So to watch a boxing match, that we used to get to watch for free on ABC's Wide World of Sports, now we have to not only pay for cable or satellite TV, but then subscribe to a premium channel too.

Raw deal.

I used to enjoying watching boxing but it has been so long ago I have forgotten who's who. Been meaning to get back into it again so thanks for reminding me :)

Ray Leonard was one of my favorite boxers as well. He was much better in the boxing ring than he was on this years edition of 'Dancing with the stars'. I believe his best fight was one he actually lost in 1980 to Roberto Duran by unanimus decision. Leonard opted to go toe to toe with then, arguably, the most feared fighter in the world. Duran cut the ring off, and time after time, pinned Ray against the ropes. Leonard showed courage and guts as he traded punches with duran at close range instead of using his superior foot speed that enabled him to win the rematch a few months later at the super dome in new orleans. Other tid bits people may have forgotten about Sugar Ray, was when he knocked out Wilfred Benitez with 8 seconds left in the bout, in what had been a very close fight. When he knocked out Tommy Hearns in the 14th round of thier first fight, Leonard was way behind on points and without the stopage, would have lost the fight.

Ray Leonard was one of my favorite boxers as well. He was much better in the boxing ring than he was on this years edition of 'Dancing with the stars'. I believe his best fight was one he actually lost in 1980 to Roberto Duran by unanimus decision. Leonard opted to go toe to toe with then, arguably, the most feared fighter in the world. Duran cut the ring off, and time after time, pinned Ray against the ropes. Leonard showed courage and guts as he traded punches with duran at close range instead of using his superior foot speed that enabled him to win the rematch a few months later at the super dome in new orleans. Other tid bits people may have forgotten about Sugar Ray, was when he knocked out Wilfred Benitez with 8 seconds left in the bout, in what had been a very close fight. When he knocked out Tommy Hearns in the 14th round of thier first fight, Leonard was way behind on points and without the stopage, would have lost the fight.

I remember those fights really well. That was an era in boxing we will never see matched again

I lost interest after Hurricane Carter retired.

While in jail or out? That makes you old. Lol

I'm waiting for boxing to get some name fighters. It's a tuff time now w/MMA to compete with.

I also want to see boxers beat each other up. Not dance and out point one another!

No "blood" means no audience, thats human nature in this game.

best fight i ever saw was coralles and castillo. wish i had it on tape. i think it was the best fight of the century.

The best fight i ever saw,was Ali vs George Chevales. I was watching it on t.v. At the legion.It was a re-play of classic fights but I had never seen it before.I watched the whole fight and it was awarded to Ali based on points. I was shocked,Because IMO chevales landed way more hits and basically kicked the crap out of Ali.Afterward a Friend and I were talking about it and he told me the Whole story behind it,That everyone at the time said George should have won.Also what I didn't know was George is from my town.He is now 73 yrs old and in great shape and can be seen around town from time to time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread