(blue) STAR TRANSPORTATION-nashville tn/8 aug 11'

saleens7tt

Quick update/stats on this not so good company: pay has been capped @.35cpm no matter how many years u have driving. Truck speeds are between 63-65mph/although they say 68, they have raised the mpg avg to 7.3 that u need to reach 68 on the new cascadias..its impossible to get 7.3 even mt..and star hauls heavy loads(40-45k). Of course they never told anyone they raised the mpg avg until u complain, then its "oh yeah" we raised the mpg avg. Still have approx 7-10 drivers quitting every wknd. Top 3 reasons: low pay, not getting home every wknd like they advertise, slow trucks is number 3.Most of the main office in nashville has changed in past 6 months. Dispatchers, upper management have all left from when I got here over 4 yrs ago. . CEO remains but covenant bought us 3 yrs ago so not sure how much pull he has anymore. Ive never seen or met the guy. At 20 yrs, I make 33.5 cpm...not good. I avg 1800- 2400 wk in miles in the southeast region which is what star runs as--a regional carrier. We took 2 paycuts in jul and dec of 09 and it has never returned. All pay raises have been frozen for 2 yrs now. And all drivrs are forced to do per diem, so u lose 3cpm from that. I get 18.5cpm per mile, then 12 cpm per diem=30.5cpm...payroll states that the missing 3 cpm is admin costs....none of us over the years have been able to pinpoint that 3cpm lose.Good things of star..uuuuuhhhhhhh..we got new cascadias/most have tripaks and we have prepass. Got paperless logs also now. Some like it, me not so much. Pp logs prevent dispatch from runnin u when you have low hours, but pp logs dont know if im tired or wide awake. For me it has hurt my mileage a little. That's bout it. Hope this helps. I re-edited this post bcuz I just wanted it to be informative to other drivers, not to get opinions why I'm here so my bad in posting it that way. Hopefully this edit makes it more informative based. Posts in the past of this company are pretty accurate...

Sorry Star is'nt working out for you.I don't think anybody can reach 7.3 on a consistant basis especially with heavy loads.Far as the pay goes,blame that on the economy and are honest politians.Many companies don't pay good anymore and not just trucking.Being out 2 weeks is'nt bad.You want to make money don't you????????????? You can't do that if you're home.Did you get a new CEO???????????????? Alot of times when things change for the worst new ppl have taken over.I drove for Gainey and it was a great company at first till Mr.Gainey hired some guy to make changes and turn everything around for the worst.I did'nt last much longer after that.Hang in there saleens,8 months isn't all that far away.

i think this is the same company i knew someone worked at, cherokee something or another....if so, he never said this company was (or is) going down hill.

i guess to obtain the high mpg's, they are discouraging drivers from idling as well...??

in any event, since you want to stay till you retire, frankly..why...??? you should be able to get a better job someplace else and earn a wee bit more money towards your social security benefits.

but whatever, i wish you well and hope you retire in great health.

How u doin pat...u/I responded in posts few yrs ago..glad ur doin ok. Stay healthy and keep postin away.
Hey there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm fine thanks for asking.Just sitting in a trk repair shop getting my A'C fixed.It's not blowing from the sleeper.So my guess would be dog hair.So last night got my scissors out and went to town on my dog,LOL.She looks alot better and it has to be cooler.I'm tired of dog hair everywhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread