Trucking News: Black Smoke Matters members make two 45 mph loops around I-465 in slow-roll protest

Mike

Semi-truck drivers took part in a slow roll protest around I-465 midday Thursday in reaction to a nearly 14-month-old requirement that truckers use electronic devices that monitor the hours they work and, drivers say, eat into their pay.

The event involving dozens of drivers came as federal regulators are considering changes to rules that dictate when and how long drivers can be on the road.

Drivers began gathering at 8 a.m. at meeting points around Indianapolis. The protest around I-465 started around 11 a.m. and was set to last about two hours.

Great! Soo, slow down traffic in Indy for 2 hours and still have ELD. Good job! I don’t understand the antique mentality here. Stop protesting the ELD it’s not the problem.

If you really didn’t want to have an ELD you’d resurrect an old cab over or an old needle nose and handle business. Probably be cheaper than revenue lost on ineffective protests and cheaper than a new truck.

Great! Soo, slow down traffic in Indy for 2 hours and still have ELD. Good job! I don’t understand the antique mentality here. Stop protesting the ELD it’s not the problem.

If you really didn’t want to have an ELD you’d resurrect an old cab over or an old needle nose and handle business. Probably be cheaper than revenue lost on ineffective protests and cheaper than a new truck.
As @Mike mentioned, OOIDA fought and lost the ELD fight. Where were these guys when that battle was going on?

I’m guessing most truckers thought the ELD mandate was going to get thrown out or OOIDA was going to handle it....then the Dec 17 deadline was brought in and they kinda payed attention but still thought they joking.....then Dec 17 2018 rolled in and they was all caught napping.

Could be wrong, but these guys are 5-10 years too late to the party

I've noticed quite of few nice old cabovers that have been redone in the last few months. The old hoods have always been floating around, but it's nice to see the variety.

I've noticed quite of few nice old cabovers that have been redone in the last few months. The old hoods have always been floating around, but it's nice to see the variety.
That’s truth. I see a bunch pulling stake board or hopper in the Midwest. Everything from the rubber up redone.

A few of the louder folks in this group keep harping on the ELD, but there focus is on the broader scope of over regulation.

The protests are to draw attention to an upcoming shutdown.

Honestly, I was kind of surprised by the turnout they got in Indy.

While I may not agree with the process, or the actions of some of the group, most of us will agree we are far too regulated and at least they are trying something.

A few of the louder folks in this group keep harping on the ELD, but there focus is on the broader scope of over regulation.

The protests are to draw attention to an upcoming shutdown.

Honestly, I was kind of surprised by the turnout they got in Indy.

While I may not agree with the process, or the actions of some of the group, most of us will agree we are far too regulated and at least they are trying something.
They're not doing a good job of expressing the broader issues. The media coverage is always "protesting the ELD"

They need to actively moderate their FB page as well, because the idiots are controlling the message there.

They're not doing a good job of expressing the broader issues. The media coverage is always "protesting the ELD"

They need to actively moderate their FB page as well, because the idiots are controlling the message there.
You are correct. Zero emphasis on promoting the shutdown, other than a few people posting on their BSM page and pre insulting anyone who doesn’t participate.

I requested permission to post their write up about the shutdown here. Took about 12 hours for my post to be approved and got no reply to it. I could bring them quite a bit of traffic between now and the shutdown.

You are correct. Zero emphasis on promoting the shutdown, other than a few people posting on their BSM page and pre insulting anyone who doesn’t participate.

I requested permission to post their write up about the shutdown here. Took about 12 hours for my post to be approved and got no reply to it. I could bring them quite a bit of traffic between now and the shutdown.
Yeah, I saw that. Not surprised.

I saw on FB they were predicting 180 trucks showing up, but only had 55 or so....

Indy police should have arrested their asses same as they should arrest the dipshit black lives matter. Maybe a month of being a prison bitch will straighten them out.

You are not some civil rights movement goober. You are a bunch of whining ass punks holding up people that are smart enough to make money. 6 months no one will remembers these clowns outside of a select few addicted to social media drama.

We used to make fun of the third world countries for driving our old junk. Now, because of government oppression in "the free world" we need them all back.

Indy police should have arrested their asses same as they should arrest the dipshit black lives matter. Maybe a month of being a prison * will straighten them out.

You are not some civil rights movement goober. You are a bunch of whining ass punks holding up people that are smart enough to make money. 6 months no one will remembers these clowns outside of a select few addicted to social media drama.
Tell us more. 😀

We used to make fun of the third world countries for driving our old junk. Now, because of government oppression in "the free world" we need them all back.
Sounds like a career opportunity for disgruntled BSM drivers... repo man.

You won’t do it!
That's why I said "I should" instead of "I am going to" :D

Maybe if they would all go down there we could build their wall and leave them there, collectively raining American IQ significantly;)
Tell us more, enlightened one!

popcorn_jon_stewart-gif.48709

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread