Bitcoin

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Anybody follow the news on this?
I haven't but I used to listen to a radio program 5 - 6 years ago where one of the hosts was buying a set amount each week, month or whatever.
I remember him talking about it as an aside on a pretty regular basis and the value was erratic.
$17, $24 $18...
like that.
$20 bucks, give or take.

I thought about buying 10 or 20 just for shiggles and probably would have if I'd have thought about it while I was home instead of on the road.

Giggled it today just for shiggles and I see that the value is suppose to be around $9300!!
:eek-64:
Pretty good RTI.

This was before the silk road was shut down and I really figured that it would be mainly used for illicit and/or nefarious reasons.

It could still crash in a heartbeat.
You can bet your ass that the gov't (any gov't) will be pulling out all the stops to keep anyone from undermining their currency.
USD's enjoy a facade of value only because our economy is the world's most stable (in spite of everything).

It might provide pretty good entertainment value to drop a few bucks and take a ride.
:biggrin-2:

What do you think?

I was looking at it about 2 or 3 months ago and it was $6,000.00 per. I thought it was overvalued and would wait for it to drop. Now it is hovering around $8,000.00 per:bonk:hesitation cost me 2 grand.

It could still drop:dunno:. all the "experts" are calling it a bubble, so who knows.

The good thing about bitcoin is you do not need to buy a coin you can just by a partial. So if you have a hunnit bucks to burn just to see, you can do that.

Some of the drivel I've listened to say that $1,000 will be a rally point and it will shoot up.
$1,000, $5,000, $10,000, etc.

Who knows?

1511736180180.png

I thought this was something you used for purchasing shi......stuff online, which if given even a moments thought, makes no sense whatsoever.

Can't I just go back to making fun of your Jed Clampett gardening skills?

So...when you cash it out, how long before your money is in your bank account?

Supposedly you can cash into a paypal account or wire to your bank account in a few minutes depending on the amount.

I have no exp with this...
just cheap entertainment at the moment.

Still, you can't help thinking that a coupla hundred bucks 5 years ago could be worth nearly $100k right now.

Coupla hundred is little enough to fart around with but the trouble with gauging reward without risk is the psychology of gutting it out.
Even if you traded on an exchange with a stop-loss and kept bumping it up ever so often to limit risk or lock in profits, looking at a few months ago in the chart above, it dropped from around $3k to around $2k in a very short time.

It spiked back up but most people would look at it as a 30-some percent loss instead of an exponential gain.

It's like trading on one of those pretend portfolio's.
Lot's of people think they could have made millions but the reality of putting everything on green when you aren't playing with house money would have eliminated most before the big gains ever materialized.

I bought small lots of Ford & YRC around the same time frame I'm talking about with the bitcoin.
Sold the Ford for about 100% profit and YRC filed for bankruptcy before I caught a spike.
I'm talking very small amounts of money here, as much entertainment as anything...
but shit would get real in a hurry if you're risking a life savings.

But I digress...
:redface:

Supposedly you can cash into a paypal account or wire to your bank account in a few minutes depending on the amount.
Depends... your bank has to trade in Bitcoin in order for that to happen. Larger banks do. 1st Bank o' Possum Holler might not.

Depends... your bank has to trade in Bitcoin in order for that to happen. Larger banks do. 1st Bank o' Possum Holler might not.

I started an account on Coinbase.com because it's suppose to be a bitcoin for dummies site recommended by 99bitcoins for newbs.

I decide to buy a MILLION satoshi's,
:nails:
2/10 of an ethereum,
:clapping:
and a whole damn litecoin!
:taunt:

They wanted the login for my account so I backed out...
twice.
Then gave it up just before logging in and changing my passcode.
:tongue:

Came back 'unable to verify account'.
OH! YOU GOTTA BE QUICKER THAN THAT!!
:laugh:

Changed it again just because I'm paranoid.
:panic:

Attachments

• 1511755440333.png
    1511755440333.png
    354.4 KB · Views: 159
I looked at bitcoin today, I have an app on my phone it was up over $9,000. Damn!:foreheadslap:

I invested about a hunnerd bucks today and I done made over 10,000 satochi.
o_O

Pretty sure I'm just gonna go ahead and retire now.

I would pay you a coupla thousand satochi for a dog like it was nothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread