• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Beware Kllm Trainer at Portage Terminal

knightd89

Kllm trainers are just money diggers. Trainees are referred to as money makers. I personally experience this first hand after attending orientation and going on the road with a trainer. My trainer was a jerk. Her favorite word was calling everyone a idiot when really the shoe is on the other foot. The Trainer expected me to do all the driving while she sat on her fat ass and did nothing. This woman complained night and day and it turned me off learning nothing. She complained about her not getting extra money for training me and we got into a big brawl about several things which i care not to mention due considering a law suit for battery against her. Her truck was a hazard you talked about nasty there is know word but garbage dump to describe what the inside of her truck looked like, i could bearly make it to my bed. I consider myself as a grown man not a kid as she would refer to me. I did not go to kllm looking for a mother but to learn more how to drive a big rig. She would often accuse me of things that were not true. If anything was broken or missing on or from her truck it was always the trainee fault or the trainee took it. If she would have cleaned her truck i am positive she would have found what she accused
others of taking. She always wanted to be right and everyone else was wrong. If you consider kllm know that you will be training yourself, and you be considered as nothing but a money maker for the trainers. I had to get off her truck and move on and i was so glad that i did. What newbie can drive eleven hours a days to start six hour is enough and work ones way up from there. The Trainer needed to help drive and make some of her own money after all trainees only make a few hundred dollars a week. Every mile that trainees drive goes into the trainers pocket. When it was my time to sleep after driving she did not want me on her bed but in the jump seat and expected me to get four hours of sleep and drive all day the next day. I talked with other employees and trainees and was told this is the common tread for trainers there. They like to treat trainees like trash and money makers.

Im sorry u went thru so much hell but unfortunately that happens alot not just with kllm but with other companies not all the trainers are like (name removed) is never had one that forced me to sleep up front thats going too far did u find a better company and trainer please keep me posted how its going i do feel for the new drivers they just wanna learn to drive and u get many trainers like (name removed)
Posted via Mobile Device

This is growing more and more common as the companies allow drivers to be "trainers" with less and less experience. When I worked for Schneider they allowed drivers to train at 1 year of experience. I've been driving for 5 years now and still don't feel as though I have enough experience to offer a student and worthwhile education. The more common thing was for the "trainers" to take the Family Dollar/Dollar General dedicated accounts so they could be home everynight and have the extra pair of hands to do the unloading.

I hear Swift is even worse, requiring only 6months experience to be a "trainer". That means you could Start driving in say March, and then be ready to "train" by September...then come winter and the "trainer" has never even seen snow in a big truck! But yet, he or she is instructing someone how to drive...!

I got lucky, the guy who taught me had been driving for 15 years and was (and still is) a huge help for me! I still to this day can call him at 3am and wake him up if I'm even in a bind!

More and more companies r hireing trainers with very little otr exp themsleves some u only need 3 months exp to be a trainer or is it 6 either way thats not enough its like the blind leading the blind
Posted via Mobile Device

Tell the truth

I think it is very funny when people have to make them self feel better by putting the blame on others.
I have known this person for years and she is not at all like he said. The problem with him was she didn't want anything to do with his passes. He got in trouble for drinking from one the other guy that work for KLLM also from what I had heard the could not handle driving 10 hrs. he could only do 4-6 and his trainer had to pick up the slack. I had meet you and you should grow up. You have a kid and are you teaching her to also lie.

I have know this trainer for the last year and i can personally say she is nothing like described. She is a great person and a driver. I have spoke to a few trainees that she has had and have heard nothing like this from any of them. As for her trk being messy, /i have seen her trk personally and its clean. As for the jump set.... Look it up in the dot law book, when a driver is in anything other then the sleeper it must be logged as on duty/not driving. So why would a driver that has over 20+ yrs of driving do that??? The part he left out about that was that he wanted to sleep on the bottom bunk and have her sleep on the top bunk when they were not driving. Also making the trainee do all the work.... Hhhhmmmm last time i checked the best way to learn is to do things them selfs. If i wasn't told to do certain dutys when it comes to driving more then once, how would i have learned what i did??? I went thru the training program here at KLLM and it wasnt bad at all. So why hasnt this guy replyed to any of the posts yet???? Too scared is he or does he know in his heart he is full of sh*t?

why dont you tell the whole truth

you sniveling piece of crap, why dont you tell the whole thing, how during training you went to a bar an drank, then the bartender who is also an old girlfriend of one of our drivers, called our dispatchers and told them you were drinking, that's why you had your problems here, but when you a 6'2 200 lbs male pushed and shoved a 5'0 160 lbs woman because you thought she called on you that's when you really screwed up, now you have this woman that i have known for close to 15 yrs and i consider my friend and sister, scared and now has placed alarms in her trk because of you, well let me ask you, how would you feel if you were hunted by a motorcycle club or a street gang well I think you would be doing exactly what she is doing watching her back every place she goes to, well, maybe someone should put you in the same situation or why don't you come shove and push me, you won't because you know that unlike a defenseless female,I would defend myself and you would not like the consequences and all trainees go thru crap, it is like a right of passage, but being that your not much of a man you prob. too much of a pansy to handle it. word of advice, you messed with family, up here in portage, don't do it again,..charles

True, there is always 2 sides to every story...but it always ends up the same, DRAMA! Sad thing is there are a lot of good trainers out there that have done their time long enough to know what they are doing only to get some know it all rookie give them grief. On the other hand, there are some rookies out there that get horrible trainers that are rookies themselves or only training for a bigger paycheck. I've known people on both ends, all I can say is tough it out and good luck...you're experiences will only make you stronger if they don't bite you in the rear first! Remember you are put together for the purpose of training only...not to make friends. If you make a friend from it that is a bonus. You are there to learn how to do your job safely, or to teach someone to be a safe driver. The guy that posted the trainer's name is wrong in my opinion. Referring to an experience is fine, but you never mention names!

Training was the most hardest for me thats where my long work history comes into play youre right there are some excellent trainers out there and not so good i dont know what exactly happened here so im not taking sides alot of the students seem to know all there is to know about driving trk makes me wonder why r u even here then u get alot of trainers that have absolutely no patience with the students trainers are getting paid to train the new drivers if their job is too stressful then go back to company driver dont keep complaining about this and that you the trainer applied for this position deal with it and u the students need to remember trainers are sacrificing alot by sharing their trk ect with u so u need to listen to them tough it out for 6 weeks
Posted via Mobile Device

B/S

Come on dude. Why would you get on here and smear lies about (name removed). You know why you had to get off her truck and it had nothing to do with what you said. You can't go to a bar when your out with a trainer. That's just common sense. And as far as you not being able to drive a full shift, Maybe your in the wrong business. (name removed) is a personal friend and I know for a fact you are just trying to get back at her for kicking you off her truck for drinking. It's pretty bad what you where trying to do on here but (name removed)has been with KLLM for a long time and everyone who knows her knows everytrhing you say is crap. I'm not writing this to make an enemy, I'm writing this to defend a close friend. You owe (name removed)a apology. You can't screw up and then point the finger at her.

James

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread