Best Wireless Printer On The Truck.

Biggest issue I have with a printer, and it has been the last 2-3 printers that have been in my truck, is the ink cartridges go bad long before the ink is gone. I've always assumed it was the temp changes in my truck since the truck is always off when I'm not in it.

I'm in need of a new printer now, because mine is literally falling apart, but the scanner still works great and I have just kept using it since I rarely have to print anything.

Agreed. Much tougher than HP or Lexmark.
while i love the officejets there crapola. and operating costs are insane for em. as well as HP is like crapple with the control over there printers and DRM rights over there ink cartridges. and don't even get me going on there instaink deal as they will take your printer hostage

while i love the officejets there crapola. and operating costs are insane for em. as well as HP is like crapple with the control over there printers and DRM rights over there ink cartridges. and don't even get me going on there instaink deal as they will take your printer hostage
Before I buy a printer, I walk over to the ink cartridges, and check out the prices. Haven't had to do that in a few years... my Canon 3 in 1 is tough as nails.

Before I buy a printer, I walk over to the ink cartridges, and check out the prices. Haven't had to do that in a few years... my Canon 3 in 1 is tough as nails.
HP and Epson seemed more stable on direct connections, Canon was more problematic. At least that was the case when I was hooking up printers for the drivers when I was in the office .

On hotspot Canon is fine, and I prefer having the paper handling all on the front, lets the printer live against the firewall in front of the shifter , where it's out of the way.

HP and Epson seemed more stable on direct connections, Canon was more problematic. At least that was the case when I was hooking up printers for the drivers when I was in the office .

On hotspot Canon is fine, and I prefer having the paper handling all on the front, lets the printer live against the firewall in front of the shifter , where it's out of the way.
Canon works fine both ways, although wireless is bunches more convenient.

I went through a bunch of HPs, Epson's and Lexmark printers... they all suffer the same problem. Their construction is cheap, and they don't withstand the physical beating that life in a truck gives them.

Last edited:

I went through a bunch of HPs, Epson's and Lexmark printers... they all suffer the same problem. Their construction is cheap, and they don't withstand the physical beating that life in a truck hives them.
when i had my HP it started having driver issues. half of the time the computer wouldn't see it was there. and i would have to install the drivers more than once just to get it to work halfed assed POS :biglaugh: :mad:

I went through a bunch of HPs, Epson's and Lexmark printers... they all suffer the same problem. Their construction is cheap, and they don't withstand the physical beating that life in a truck gives them.
By direct I meant Wi-Fi direct. The Canons wouldn't reconnect to their phone without going through the whole setup process every few weeks. They were fine on a Hotspot. Never had problems with the other brands doing that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread