Best Ratchet Straps For A Dry Van With E-Tracks

My bad. :(
But I remember the name. đź‘Ť
Treetop flyer was a guy in Ecuador or Brazil somewhere who was in the lumber business.

I'm actually keeping my options open regarding a reefer in the future

I wouldn't. You can earn as much revenue on the bottom line with dry van as a reefer. Without the headache of the distribution, produce or other customers headaches. I rarely had detention issues with a dry van as I did with reefers.

The extra expense of fuel chews up the extra revenue for a reefer, maintenance is a close second on taking the funds.

Open decks are a close second to dry van but still take a considerable investment in load securement equipment.

Setting up a deck trailer can be expensive if you get new boxes, headache rack etc. But bearable if you haunt Craigslist for the guys selling out. I wouldn't get chains or straps used, but boxes and headache racks I would.

I meant ANCRA.

Kinedyne is the decent stuff
I worked for one flatbed outfit that bought nothing but orange Ancra straps. Didn't take long to see why. It wasn't uncommon to hook a trailer full of this and worse. Shop always gave me as many new ones as I wanted no questions asked. Mother ****ers just be lazy.20170227_175410.jpg20170227_175658.jpg

Only straps I have problems like that with are the ones I didn't properly pad and provide edge protection for.

Regardless of brands.

I worked for one flatbed outfit that bought nothing but orange Ancra straps. Didn't take long to see why. It wasn't uncommon to hook a trailer full of this and worse. Shop always gave me as many new ones as I wanted no questions asked. Mother ****ers just be lazy.View attachment 49615View attachment 49616
That’s their “extreme” brand or some such?

I’ve had decent luck with ancra but won’t buy their stuff if I can avoid it

Only straps I have problems like that with are the ones I didn't properly pad and provide edge protection for.

Regardless of brands.
We hauled a lot of stone slabs on A frames and a lot of the idiots had a bad habit of not using corners and just leave hoards of jacked up straps. What I'm saying is I see why the company cheaped out a bit. They went through so many because of said idiots.

Yeah if your careless drivers are making them disposable with a short life, you might as well get the cheap ones.

Same reason megas don't buy premium trucks.

@Mike, in a van, I'm sure you'll wear out the strap long before the hardware, even with the cheaper brands.

In carhaul, the cheapies seemed far more prone to corrosion issues, and the webbing would stiffen quicker from UV damage. Neither of those will be issues for you.

free ones are the best just look around one the docks a lot of them accumulate mostly company drivers just don't bother throwing them backin the truck, load bars are usually in abundance also, just be sure to ask first

free ones are the best just look around one the docks a lot of them accumulate mostly company drivers just don't bother throwing them backin the truck, load bars are usually in abundance also, just be sure to ask first

That’s how I got the collection I have now. Started out with two straps that I had to purchase at Schneider, accumulated up to more than 40 by the time I left. Some say Schneider, some Werner, some XPO, and a couple other names.

Most often, it was straps that were left in dropped trailers.

All my Schneider straps are Kinedyne, even the couple ratchet straps I have with their name on them.

I even acquired a cargo net with e-tracks on them at some point.

when I hung up the keys I sold the 50 odd straps I have for 5 bucks a piece and the 30 some e-track aluminum bars for 15 bucks, al to the same person good little payday

Got a load of brick strapped down today. Made me realize I need to invest in some edge protectors, not to protect the product, but to protect the straps.

Brick is loaded down the center of the trailer, I'm sure it is doing a number on the straps.

Got a load of brick strapped down today. Made me realize I need to invest in some edge protectors, not to protect the product, but to protect the straps.

Brick is loaded down the center of the trailer, I'm sure it is doing a number on the straps.
Heck even I've got edge protectors for my car hauler. Wish I bought smaller ones though to fit inside the stake pockets.

I was going through too many harbor freight straps and it took me way too long to figure out why.

You might as well cut the walls off and run it like a deck

C’mon y’all be cooler you start running open deck

Such a wannabe poser

:thefinger:

Perfect answer to your question;

USA-Cordura-2 for $2.50 each

I am telling you these guys have everything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread