Benefits of ATF in Diesel Fuel

It just screams revenuer cheating......IMG_20160420_182555.jpg IMG_20160420_182451772.jpg

Oh wooooo is me. I have violated the wrath of the mighty establishment and shall be chastised to the ends of hell and heaven.

I must be punished for my transgressions and make whole my sins to society.

:foreheadslap:

Last edited:
They have always tested the fuel when checking me, never had a decision made based on the looks of the fuel.

I've only ever been tested twice (probably 15 years ago).
Both times at the CO/KS border.
They drew an ounce or so, eye-balled it and sent me on my way.

only time I have been tested is in Nebraska at the scale east bound. They stuck a clear plastic type straw that still had the fuel dripping from the truck ahead of it into my tank after they asked if they could do it. I am guessing this was spring/ early summer of 2012 as I was a company driver at the time. only trip I made to Idaho for the company and my return trip included a call telling me I could buy my truck.

Been tests in Georgia a few times. Never payed close attention to the process, but they went beyond just eyeballing the fuel a couple times.

I ain't ever had my fuel tested.

But I got into an argument with some ass muncher government type who had a stand set up at the Iowa 80 jamboree once.

All these displays to sell stuff or show off new technology and then there's this guy set up for the sole purpose of threatening people with fines if they run dyed fuel. o_O

There was a biodiesel making thing they were selling a few booths down for like 8 billion dollars that makes like 6 pints a week or something & they had some jars fuel on display. My dad was with me and was fascinated by the biodiesel making thing so when I saw that government guy's display with jars of clear & dyed fuel I asked what it was about and he launched into an angry lecture. :confused:

I mean he was like a non-funny version of Buford T Justice acting like he just caught the Bandit.

I had driven there in my car. So I told him my truck is full of reefer fuel right now and there's nothing he can do about it because I'm not going to tell him which of the hundreds of trucks in the lot was mine. :D

That made him....... angry. :biglaugh:

So I walked away. :cool:

I think ya'd be better off drainin' some goop outta the KFC grease trap 'n burnin' that.
Not if @krelithous beats them to KFC.

I've only ever been tested twice (probably 15 years ago).
Both times at the CO/KS border.
They drew an ounce or so, eye-balled it and sent me on my way.
I was checked once on my way eastbound on I-90 at the Haugan, MT scale. Little gal used a clear tube like @mndriver desctibed.

Not if @krelithous beats them to KFC.

I was checked once on my way eastbound on I-90 at the Haugan, MT scale. Little gal used a clear tube like @mndriver desctibed.
italian resturants are the best!! you don't want fatty grease since fat don't burno_O. and then he's gotta as we call it wash the grease out getting rid of all of the water and junk out of it:stare1:

Put a gallon of atf in the ole Detroit today. Running much smoother at idle and got about 0.3 mpg better running from Minnesota to rapid city SD. Last time I did that run I was around 6.0 mpg. Today's pump figured out at 6.4 mpg.
I put ATF in periodically.
300gal. 1 1/2 gals. of ATF
Good for the detergent to clean injectors.
Good to add when I used to put Bio Diesel in. No big national chain t-stops anymore.
Bio ruins my CAT.

I ain't ever had my fuel tested.

But I got into an argument with some ass muncher government type who had a stand set up at the Iowa 80 jamboree once.

All these displays to sell stuff or show off new technology and then there's this guy set up for the sole purpose of threatening people with fines if they run dyed fuel. o_O

There was a biodiesel making thing they were selling a few booths down for like 8 billion dollars that makes like 6 pints a week or something & they had some jars fuel on display. My dad was with me and was fascinated by the biodiesel making thing so when I saw that government guy's display with jars of clear & dyed fuel I asked what it was about and he launched into an angry lecture. :confused:

I mean he was like a non-funny version of Buford T Justice acting like he just caught the Bandit.

I had driven there in my car. So I told him my truck is full of reefer fuel right now and there's nothing he can do about it because I'm not going to tell him which of the hundreds of trucks in the lot was mine. :D

That made him....... angry. :biglaugh:

So I walked away. :cool:
if they find dyed fuel the fines will break any O/o

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread