Backup battery replacement on Qualcomm mcp200

Mike

Anybody ever done this or had to have it done? My qualcomm mcp200 isn't booting back up after it goes into sleep mode. All that happens is some relay or something up in the top of the truck just clicks repeatedly for several minutes before it finally gives up and just quits.

I called the IT department and let them know what the unit was doing, and they told me the clicking was because the backup battery needed to be replaced, and they set up a work order for me to get it repaired at a terminal within the next week. I asked if it was a quick job, and he had no idea. On a hunch, I looked up the parts to the unit, and seen the battery, and assumed it was probably the battery that was causing the problem.

I can shut the power off to the truck, and turn it back on, and the unit will boot just fine. So, in the mean time, in order to not hear the clicking, I just have to unplug the power cable from the black box in the bunk so I can sleep without that clicking starting and waking me up.

I did noticed that the power cable was not screwed down tight at all, turned each of the screws several times to secure the cable. Also, another cable was not fully seated as well. I just secured both cables, and hoping that might possibly have been causing my problem, but probably not that lucky.

So, any idea on how long it takes to replace this battery? I "think" it is inside the black box but not positive.

I had one go down that they said was the battery. But they just pulled the unit and turned the old one in as a warranty repair.

I had one go down that they said was the battery. But they just pulled the unit and turned the old one in as a warranty repair.

Just the black box? If so, that kind of what I am thinking they will end up doing.

Biggest thing is getting your qcom address reset. Without you will not be able to log in, or communicate. All it takes is for someone to change it on the web and then Qcom pinging the box once.

Just had the brain box to my QC replaced about a month and a half ago. It took 15 minutes and then longer to reset me information in it. I sat around waiting for about an hour and then decided to heck with it and left. I fixed my drive time later on down the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread