Aurora prepares to offer autonomous trucking as a subscription service

Mike

Self-driving technology company Aurora is preparing to launch its first commercial products, including autonomous freight movement, as a subscription service. The 4-year-old startup also strengthened its safety advisory board by adding another trucking industry veteran, it announced on Oct. 15.

Aurora Horizon will offer fleets “a reliable and scalable driver supply powered by the Aurora Driver and a powerful suite of tools designed to integrate these vehicles with existing operations and maximize their uptime,” according to a company blog post on Oct. 13. “To ensure carriers have confidence in the safety and reliability of Aurora Horizon at launch, we’re working with our OEM partners and carrier customers to refine our product through a series of commercial pilots as part of our Aurora Driver Development Program.”

I still think it is funny how all this autonomous talk went completely quiet until a new administration showed up looking to spend trillions of dollars.

They remotely guide it to a safe haven and shut it down.

Like the sign says in a Buy Here/Pay Here car lot. "We'll help you on your feet. Miss a payment".
LMAO.. can't belive how many fall for that scam!!! shit they have GPS trackers in the cars to incase someone does fall behind

When all of the computerized junk is sitting on the side of the road, my classics will still be running. Affording the gasoline may be an entirely different story. The closest thing my '76 has for a computer is the ignition module that controls the high energy spark. My '59 and '69 are all still using points and condensers with boxes of extra parts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread