Aurora Borealis tonight

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
A large solar flare erupted Thursday and is set to reach Earth Saturday, which could result in a strong geomagnetic storm and cause the aurora borealis, or Northern Lights, to be visible across the U.S. and Europe.

It's cloudy here at the moment. 🤬

There are stars in the sky if I look straight up. But looking north there's cloud cover.

I'm posting this using satellite internet too. The Hughes bird is like 5000 miles over the equator and therefore outside the protection of the magnetosphere (I think) and it's still working.

Meh :dunno:

I can't see anything cool like that way down here. I saw it once when I was 14 and up in England. I wasn't old enough to appreciate a site like that then.

We get to see them fairly often up here especially from the condo above the street lights but for those that don't typically get to see the northern lights, enjoy the show!
If you are in the country they should be very bright this time around. Here is hoping for clear skies for those that want to see the lights.

We get to see them fairly often up here especially from the condo above the street lights but for those that don't typically get to see the northern lights, enjoy the show!
If you are in the country they should be very bright this time around. Here is hoping for clear skies for those that want to see the lights.
It was a big nothing ☹️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread