As Truckers, what would y'all like to see in a truck stop the most?

Speculator

In other words, if you were to design your ideal truck stop, how would you design it? What are the key things you look for when choosing where to stop? What would make you want to come back to that truck stop over and over again?

Please choose your top 3 most important things in the pole. Along with the poll, any additional information/comments are appreciated.
Any information would be great! Would love to hear from all! Much appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:
You get three.
Thanks!

I voted, other (parking), showers, and clean restrooms.

And you're going to have to be on on the NASTC QPN network for me to consider stopping, I refuse to pay list price for fuel ;)

None of the above.
All I want is an armed guard and a wrecker sanding by to tow away A-holes who take a 30 at the pump and shoot the driver.

Last time I fueled at peelot there was some douche sitting at the pump next to me while I waited for another guy to fuel.
Pulled up to the pump, still sitting.
Fueled up, still sitting.
After I pulled up and went in for a receipt he was sitting in the truck eating a bowl of something...
Still sitting at the pump with no one in front of him.
I made a show of looking at the watch I don't wear and threw my hands up. WTF!?
He just made some hand jive gesture and I flipped him off...
then got in my truck and hauled ass.
:D

I'm honestly considering carrying some bits of plywood with nails driven through them to chalk the tires of such D-bags!
Thought about carrying some cheapo padlocks to put on their trailers too.
:mad:
I'll probably end up being one of the idiots you hear about getting shot at a T/S some day.
:stare1:

None of the above.
All I want is an armed guard and a wrecker sanding by to tow away A-holes who take a 30 at the pump and shoot the driver.

Last time I fueled at peelot there was some douche sitting at the pump next to me while I waited for another guy to fuel.
Pulled up to the pump, still sitting.
Fueled up, still sitting.
After I pulled up and went in for a receipt he was sitting in the truck eating a bowl of something...
Still sitting at the pump with no one in front of him.
I made a show of looking at the watch I don't wear and threw my hands up. WTF!?
He just made some hand jive gesture and I flipped him off...
then got in my truck and hauled ass.
:D

I'm honestly considering carrying some bits of plywood with nails driven through them to chalk the tires of such D-bags!
Thought about carrying some cheapo padlocks to put on their trailers too.
:mad:
I'll probably end up being one of the idiots you hear about getting shot at a T/S some day.
:stare1:
i like the padlock idea...when he get's to his drop...."like WTF, when did i put that there"...?????

I'd like to see a place that the employees would be willing to use as we are expected to use them.

Big giant parking lot the size of Texas.

Good restaurants..., REAL restaurants, with real food, not McSubway.

So far, there are zero votes for laundry, which shows just how much things have changed.

I can remember people waiting for a washer, or clothes washed and waiting for an open dryer, and people getting frustrated and taking other people's crap out of the machines and throwing them on the table because they wouldn't be there tending to their business. Now, they aren't used nearly as much.

Back then, I would usually bobtail to a laundromat.

It trips me out to watch some guys dragging a damn steamer trunk inside to shower.
Big freaking suitcase...
for what!?
When I was running OTR I'd change clothes in the truck then just toss a clean pair of drawers in my shower kit.
I use the little trial size bottles of Dawn for everything.
Shampoo, shave cream & body wash.
I don't know how some of you people get your damn bag in a small shower!

Golf carts picking up drivers at there trucks and takeing them to the buffet would be nice as well. :rolleyes:

Just have somebody live stream a walk around the buffet so I can tell them what to put on my plates before they bring it out to me.

8XTpq7D.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread