Arkansas 2016 Roadcheck: Some drivers try to get away

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
Arkansas Highway Police have released preliminary state totals for the 2016 Roadcheck last week, with 149 CMVs placed out-of-service and 1,843 violations, compared with last year’s figures of 1,829 safety violations and 168 vehicles put OOS.

Sixty-seven drivers were placed OOS last week, including one DWI, compared with 43 in 2015.

Highway Police reported that some vehicles tried to circumvent the Central Arkansas checkpoint near Benton in Saline County, to no avail. All commercial vehicles were required to exit and roll through the inspection line and “at this site alone, more than 270 vehicles failed to exit in an attempt to bypass inspection,” according to Arkansas Highway Police, a division of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD). They were immediately pulled over and the drivers given moving violations.

“We have a great relationship with the trucking industry in Arkansas and know well these drivers are among the best in the country,” said Arkansas Highway Police Major Jay Thompson, who is the current president of the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance which puts on the North American Roadcheck 72-hour event.

full story

They were immediately pulled over and the drivers given moving violations.

We have a great relationship with the trucking industry,... " some douchebag cop said.
:rolllaugh3:

What idiot is drinking and driving during roadcheck week?

As for passing that spot up, unless they put up some signs ahead of time, they should have expected it. It's a really busy area, and there have been no signs saying open or closed for close to a year.

It was probably Birch. Lmao

On the contrary.... Ya see uncle birchy is "Smarter" than most of ya....

I plan my HOME TIME during these safety weeks ....

The rest of ya are getting pulled in and sitting there for two hours while some rookie cop learns how to use a tire gauge and Lectures you on the difference between Sleeper Bunk and Off-Duty....

Last edited by a moderator:
@birchbarlow is smarter than all of us. :cool:

It's not a matter of "Intelligence" rather it's basic "Common Sense".......

During the Road Blitz your chances of getting a Level One go up by TENFOLD...

With a little PLANING or a bullcrap story about an Illness in the Family ya ain't gotta put yourself " OUT THERE"

It's not a matter of "Intelligence" rather it's basic "Common Sense".......

During the Road Blitz your chances of getting a Level One go up by TENFOLD...

With a little PLANING or a bullcrap story about an Illness in the Family ya ain't gotta put yourself " OUT THERE"
This year was the first time I drove during the blitzkrieg in probably ten years.

Sometimes due to coincidence, other times I simply told dispatch I want those 3 days off. I never had to lie about it.

This year I was in an old truck they're more likely to find something to wrong with but it was a combination of the fact I watch this truck's condition closer because of it's age, and the fact there's only 2 scales on this dedicated route and I know how to get around them both via legal routes. So that's what I did.

What pit is drinking and driving during roadcheck week?

As for passing that spot up, unless they put up some signs ahead of time, they should have expected it. It's a really busy area, and there have been no signs saying open or closed for close to a year.
Tennessee does that too along I-40....

Somewhere between Knoxville and Nashville headed WESTBOUND ain't even an Official Scale Site....

It's just a "Pull-Off" like for emergency vehicles .....BUT every now and then DOT opens it up puts up one of those big Construction Signs 1/4 mile before the exit strip and shakes Trucks down

I've never sat out a blitz unless my days off happened to fall during that time.

Never had a level 1 during blitz.

Never even been pulled around for inspection during blitz, not even for just paperwork.

I think truckers make more of it than they really need to.

I've never sat out a blitz unless my days off happened to fall during that time.

Never even been pulled around for inspection during blitz, not even for just paperwork.

That's what all will say until the day they get pulled in, and just happen to get the jerk that is determined to post some stats at your expense.

I don't really worry too much about it, but I will schedule my work around it if it makes sense to do so.

This past blitz, I racked up close to 6k in revenue by actually almost running a full 70, made my last drop 5 miles from home, then dropped by truck off at my Detroit shop on Tuesday morning for an overhead, and had them knock out a couple little leaks I had noticed, and get my pm done.

With the blitz coming, I simply ran about 5k or so past when I initially planned to get the overhead ran.

In my opinion, that is simply doing things smart. Schedule planned downtime around stupid things like this.

Would I simply shut down and take extra time off for this? No.

Am I making "Hay" outta nothing SURE "perhaps" BUT during ROADCHECK WEEK it's MORE than RANDOM ...

I prefer to just take the Week Off and "RELAX" at Home....

Besides my company don't PAY the TICKETS despite what "Maintenance" gives ya the "Runaround" and Jerry Rigs...

Its "YOUR" Fault

Tennessee does that too along I-40....

Somewhere between Knoxville and Nashville headed WESTBOUND ain't even an Official Scale Site....

It's just a "Pull-Off" like for emergency vehicles .....BUT every now and then DOT opens it up puts up one of those big Construction Signs 1/4 mile before the exit strip and shakes Trucks down
That is an official area that they allow parking at when they are not using it. There are several along 40 in TN. That one, the one before Lebanon, the one in Mt Juliet and the one before Jackson. There is also one on I-155 coming from Misery but they leave that one gated to keep the urine smell down.

That is an official area that they allow parking at when they are not using it. There are several along 40 in TN. That one, the one before Lebanon, the one in Mt Juliet and the one before Jackson. There is also one on I-155 coming from Misery but they leave that one gated to keep the urine smell down.

I'll keep that in mind when cruising thru Tennessee...

So far I've only encountered the one and that was several years ago

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread