Are Big Companies Threatening You If You Shutdown?

Mike

What are the big companies doing to you company drivers, or those owner operators leased to the big companies? Let us know what they have told you, if anything.

What are the big companies doing to you company drivers, or those owner operators leased to the big companies? Let us know what they have told you, if anything.

I heard that TMC told their drivers if they did not work, they did not have a job. This was told to me by one of my drivers today at a mill. They love and care about the safety for their drivers.

We need to see if these companies are subsidized in any way. If they are slam them with bad publicity. Let the public know it is their tax dollars that are keeping these companies running and look for substandard wages, working conditions, late or unpaid debts they have.

They ain't said a thing to me. They know they will have a hard time finding trucks as well maintained as mine and a driver with the experince and track record that i have for getting my loads in on time if not early.

I work for Landstar but own my truck and trailer and then i have another truck and trailer leased out to the same company. I told them i was shuting them both down and my boss said well would you reconsider just till after your drop the load you have and let the driver thats running your truck drop what he has, i said not a chance and all he said was ok then I guess we will just go with it if you feel that strongly about it.

I think i am going to leave them parked for a few days, let em feel the squeeze like we feel.

They ain't said a thing to me. They know they will have a hard time finding trucks as well maintained as mine and a driver with the experience and track record that i have for getting my loads in on time if not early.

I work for Landstar but own my truck and trailer and then i have another truck and trailer leased out to the same company. I told them i was shouting them both down and my boss said well would you reconsider just till after your drop the load you have and let the driver thats running your truck drop what he has, i said not a chance and all he said was OK then I guess we will just go with it if you feel that strongly about it.

I think i am going to leave them parked for a few days, let em feel the squeeze like we feel.

It isn't only the truckers that are feeling the squeeze, the population is being raped by high gas prices, high food prices, high health care cost, high Insurance rates and the cost of everything else. This is what this Republican admin has done to America is the past eight years. So truckers, we feel for you and at the same time please feel for us. Seen on C-Span where big oil profits were 125 Billion dollars, so what does that tell you. Congress had called the Executives in from Exon, Shell, Cheveron, etc! and put on a big show about high oil prices. It was rather comical to see these crooked politicians trying to pacify the public by supposedly grilling the Executives.

It isn't only the truckers that are feeling the squeeze, the population is being raped by high gas prices, high food prices, high health care cost, high Insurance rates and the cost of everything else. This is what this Republican admin has done to America is the past eight years. So truckers, we feel for you and at the same time please feel for us. Seen on C-Span where big oil profits were 125 Billion dollars, so what does that tell you. Congress had called the Executives in from Exon, Shell, Cheveron, etc! and put on a big show about high oil prices. It was rather comical to see these crooked politicians trying to pacify the public by supposedly grilling the Executives.
Oh i understand what your saying. when i am not trucking i am a consumer and i have to gas my pickup and buy food for the home as well as animal feed and the like, so i understand exactley where your coming from.

But it is sad to think that many people in this country blame us along with the oil companies :banghead: I have heard many folks say things like if them truckers weren't so greedy by charging such high costs to move things the stuff in the stores would be a lot cheaper :wtf: and they say the same with the farmers and anyone else they can blame. right now folks are just looking to blame whoever they can but the true people who deserve the brunt of it all.

It is the fault of big companys that prices are where they are.They will not support anything that might make them lose a few loads.They dont care about us.I think it is a shame when the company tells the driver you have to drive or your fired.If we dont drive the bring in foreigners to take our jobs.Now i know why my dad was in a union and fought for his rights.Well we may not be in a union but if we all stand united and not back down maybe it will help.I say it is time to turn the tables.

Plain and simple thing is they can't get the illegals to haul everything. they can get them to haul a good bit of the goods but not everything. and if that small sector of people stood together and said until you treat us right we ain't moving your diffrent fuels, and bombs and things of that nature you would see how quick their tune would change.

But the same could work if everyone banded together like you said. but it wouldn't be for the fact that they really care about us or are scared. it would take a while but when loads were late, rigs were not maintained well if they are providing rigs, and things start going a miss on loads then thats what would make em beg to have us decent drivers back.

I too am leased to landstar and i have been home for 4 weeks they have never said a word to me,but then again they never talk to me any how :)

I too am leased to landstar and i have been home for 4 weeks they have never said a word to me,but then again they never talk to me any how :)

We pull for Landstar and LOVE them. We have ONE broker that we deal with and he is one of the best I've ever seen. Sadly thats not always the case. We aren't leased, so that makes a difference as well.

We need to see if these companies are subsidized in any way. If they are slam them with bad publicity. Let the public know it is their tax dollars that are keeping these companies running and look for substandard wages, working conditions, late or unpaid debts they have.[/quote
I heard alot of them r, I would look into the one's who have fuel a dollar or more less then what's at the pumps..........
Who does Gov. work................
should be public record.............
maybe...........

I have talked to many drivers leased to landstar and a majority of the ones i talked to said that if you find the right broker and stay with him you get more money. But i just can't get over the fact that they only pay 65% of 98% of what the load pays. Don't know who is worse Brokers or Landstar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread