• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Anyone else working for Landstar?

geckolyn

I am working for a BCO now, but would like to go it on my own. I'm getting 30% of the load now, but just making ends meet. Any advice would be great.

WOW.... so they are getting half of what you are making for sitting there waiting? Just saying..

I would call their recruiting office and see what the requirements are and if they would hire you on as a BCO. I think you need to supply 2 years of IFTA filings to them to prove you have the experience.

I just went thru all the process, goto there web site Landstar.com for all the details and go buy your own truck, I will be there my self shortly after I pick up my truck next week

WOW.... so they are getting half of what you are making for sitting there waiting? Just saying..

It makes sense. The truck is not owned by the driver. It's the owners truck and if it's not moving it's not making money so at least he's splitting the detention.

It makes sense. The truck is not owned by the driver. It's the owners truck and if it's not moving it's not making money so at least he's splitting the detention.
That's how it works at my company too.

I am working for a BCO now, but would like to go it on my own. I'm getting 30% of the load now, but just making ends meet. Any advice would be great.
I have worked for Landstar. Not on my own truck but a truck brokered and owned by my uncle. I'm going back a few years. But, there was loads that paid some good money.

It was Lansdstar Ranger and Landstar Ligon back then. They had nice rigs working for them. I look at the Landstar power units now and I have to ask? Did they drop the rates that bad?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread