Anybody use Bestpass or PrePass Plus as a nationwide toll solution?

Mike

I have been looking into a solution for tolls for quite a while now, as I don't want to deal with multiple accounts. Being leased to Schneider, we already have EZ Pass, but that does me no good in much of the country. The solution I am looking at is Bestpass.

Ultimately, I need something to cover Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Colorado is easy enough to avoid (the State and the tolls), though I might want something to cover them in the future as well, and Bestpass covers them. Also have no immediate need for Florida, Washington, or California, but they have coverage for them as well.

Only state I really need right now that isn't covered is Oklahoma, but the website says it is coming soon.

So far, I have looked at:

• Oklahoma's Pikepass - it covers Oklahoma, Kansas, and the North Texas tolls. Doesn't cover the rest of Texas
  • NTTA (North Texas) - covers all of Texas, and Oklahoma, but not Kansas
  • K-Tag (Kansas). covers Kansas and Oklahoma, but not Texas
Ultimately, while i want as few transponders as possible, I will go with what saves the most money. I don't mind paying a tiny bit extra for having less transponders and only one payment, but I won't pay a huge amount more for this convenience.

Narrowing down to Bestpass (once they get Oklahoma coverage), as I will ultimately need a solution for the entire United States when and if I leave Schneider.

Anyone used Bestpass yet and have some insight on their service?

Edit to add: @mndriver also mentioned PrePass Plus as a solution, which up until now, I did not know covered tolls beyond the EZ Pass tolls. Anyone using this service for nationwide tolling, please weigh in with your thoughts as well.

Last edited:
QC's newsletter a while back said they were going to start incorporating this Bestpass thing too, because it's supposed to cover everything.

QC's newsletter a while back said they were going to start incorporating this Bestpass thing too, because it's supposed to cover everything.

According to their website, it is "trusted" by Schneider. Never heard a word about it from anybody here.

Wow, you might be on to something here. How long has this been available? It's only been used for EZ Pass and Prepass for as long as I can remember.

I have been getting hit for tolls in Texas though, I thought because they finally figured out how to read the license plate properly. Now I am wondering if it is reading through the Prepass, and if so, I need to see if mine works for Oklahoma and Kansas as well. Guess I need to make a call to Schneider.

I've known about it for some time now.

I know drivewyze is another option for the prepass, but I don't want anything like this on my phone. Just like I refuse to put an ELD software on my phone.

I've known about it for some time now.

I know drivewyze is another option for the prepass, but I don't want anything like this on my phone. Just like I refuse to put an ELD software on my phone.

are you using the prepass plus for tolls beyond EZ Pass?

no, I just use the I-Pass for tolls and the PrePass for scales.

I am considering going to the PrePass plus.

too lazy to fill out all the paperwork for the credit check and crud.

Wow, you might be on to something here. How long has this been available? It's only been used for EZ Pass and Prepass for as long as I can remember.

I have been getting hit for tolls in Texas though, I thought because they finally figured out how to read the license plate properly. Now I am wondering if it is reading through the Prepass, and if so, I need to see if mine works for Oklahoma and Kansas as well. Guess I need to make a call to Schneider.

@Mike ... @mndriver what I don't "get" is why can't ALL just "Standardize" to EZ PASS system....

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mike ... @mndriver what I don't "get" is why can't ALL just "Standardize" to EZ PASS system...

It takes coming to agreements. Looks like both of the companies mentioned are in the process of offering a comprehensive solution. It would make me happy if a couple more got into the mix and maybe started driving prices down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread