Any Small Business Owners Here?

Yes, but now you gotta sleep with the boss to get anything. ;) And you lost the ability to blame screwups on "the driver". Aaaand you can't fire "the driver" either. Heck, you can't even be "the driver" and grouse about " the dummy I work for". So you wind up going around and complaining to yourself and then people think you're nuts.:stare1:

But on the plus side..... you save a bunch at company Christmas/bonus time. :D
Right on driver!

I'm a small biz owner. (Common Carrier) In my opinion, anyone that owns equipment and paying expenses is a small biz owner. Doesn't matter if your leased on or finding your own loads. We're in the same boat.:(

Maneuvering that 70' trailer into a city street and putting a house on a lot.

Watched them put a twin modular onto a foundation when we built in 2005.

I'd love to see a 265" Pete or W900L do that kind of maneuvering

Are you kidding me?

Far as I'm concerned, Mobile home toters are to truck drivers what school bus drivers are to the rest of the CDL holding world.

Exactly what is so urgent that a 14 wide mobile home has to pass my 15 wide at god knows how fast?

As far as putting a W900 in a tight spot.

Think of it in scale - start by looking at my album.

Could a mobile home toter pull what I do? Probably not. Oh sure some could... Could I pull what they do?

Tomorrow.

Gotcha.

And they need to pass a 15 wide why?

No idea, notice most home haulers are "hammer down" most of the time. Might have something to do with permits and such. :dunno:

BTW, they moved a new trailer in beside us early yesterday morning. 6 guys worked the rest of the day on setup, levelling, anchoring, etc.... and that was an easy, already prepped place. It's a rough, dirty job.

It's because they're running so cheap they have to do it super fast in order to profit, because all the things you mention in setup are included in their low ass rate.

So they create a hazard on the highways in order to set up poop hoses in a trailer park.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread