Any O/O 's with log hauling exp? Help, Plz.

I have been offered a truck to drive. I have no recent exp. I am looking at all possibilities. I have heard from Co's, OTR's, regional etc. I live in an area that is strong in the logging industry. I am lookingt for information about this side of trucking. Pay??? Milage? net load? Flat per load pay? Ins. who is responsible for load ins. etc. I am sure there are a hundred questions I could ask so instead I will simply as that you give me any information you feel relavent. Thanks

BTW I live in NE Florida. 8 miles South of GA line. 14 miles from a lumber mill and 38 miles from 2 pulp mills. Occasioonal heavy rains and a couple of chilly days. Maybe a passing huricane :0 but no real weather to hinder driving or supply of loads. Thanks

BTW I live in NE Florida. 8 miles South of GA line. 14 miles from a lumber mill and 38 miles from 2 pulp mills. Occasioonal heavy rains and a couple of chilly days. Maybe a passing huricane :0 but no real weather to hinder driving or supply of loads. Thanks

I just got offerd a job in Washigton last week to haul logs. I would have gotten paid by the load. There is also alot of maintence you have to do and some times repairs. Its not you loading the trailer so they maynot be concerned about your truck as you might. I turned the job down to much responsibility.

Just watch how much weight you haul..RE: don't load the trailer above the standards..DOT probably won't mess with you if you keep it below the standards.

If you are hauling pulp wood (Paper wood as I know it) then you will probably be paid by weight...tonnage pay

The main thing to remember when hauling logs....BE CAREFUL while you unstrap,unchain...because logs can jump out and get you before you know it.

when I was hauling logs and pulp in Northern MN it was all buy weight. the company had a formula figured out and it payed by weight and miles from the mill in zones.

DOT was semi nice to me I used there trailers weather it was a van for pulp or a bunk for logs.

hi I live in lake city fl and i know a few log haulers and they are all hurting around here, logging sub contractors are shutting down left and right around here and there are to many trucks chaseing to few loads good luck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread