• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Any info on Averitt

bigboy

i would like to if anyone has any experiances with Averitt Express

They recently started hiring with less than one year experience. Now they will hire with 4 months but you have to take their refresher course, which consists of going out with a trainer for 3 weeks while getting paid 600.00/week. Those I know who work for them, have a good opinion of the company. Some folks don't like that they require their drivers to look respectful, lol, but some don't mind either. They do get their drivers home weekly but give an option of staying out 2 weeks at a time.

MustangLX is a member on here who drives for Averitt. I'm sure he could probably answer any specific questions you have.

Ya where's mustang,he'd be the one to ask.But I will say this,I don't think he's ever said anthing bad about the company.

thanks,, Hey Mustang I'm going to drive regional how many miles can i expect,,,the other thing is is all the trucks automatic

thanks in advance

I have been on dedicated for 17 months and don't know how they are doing lately, but I generally averaged around 2400 in TL regional, getting home every weekend.
All the trucks from '08 and newer are automatics. There are some 10 speeds left, but are going away fast.
Where is your domicile?

I live in San antonio .
I have never driven an automatic, how different are they?
Do you know if the regionl drivers usually work during the week also?
thanks again for the info.

I thought I would hate the auto, but I don't mind it.
The newer ones are actually better than the early ones as the programming has gotten better.
I'm in a new one now and I barely feel it shift, like a nice pickup truck.

From your place you will probably be dropping alot of eastbound loads in Baton Rouge LA and Jackson MS and heading back west. They do a good job of relaying freight and keeping everybody in their region.

Not sure I understand last question. Did you mean weekend?
If so, they have a voluntary two week deal if you want to stay out over a weekend.

no i was wandering if your home over the weekend
this has been very helpful

Mustang you have been big help thanks for all youre help
You're welcome.
They are serious about the weekend promise. In three years I never missed a single weekend at home. Sometimes they are short, but always got through.
I'm on a different schedule now, but that is by choice. I work most of the weekend, but spend three nights at home and four in the truck.

For anyone interested in their training option, I hear their trainers are awesome. One trainer I know of has 46 years experience and is a terrific person. I'm pretty sure you will also get home weekends during training, too.

Does Averitt run out of California? Do they hire teams?
Drop yard in LA but as far as I know we don't have any drivers based out of CA.
They use local contractors to make deliveries.

Yes, we have teams. Teams will take loaded LTL trailer to LA drop yard, set it down, get empty trailer and load back east.
Our dedicated Cracker Barrel teams that deliver out west will go to Long Beach and load back to Nashville, TN.

Hmmm thank you Mustang. I might just call them and see if they would hire a team out of the LA area its worth a try. We could run back and forth set the truck at the drop yard and come back out running. Thanks for the information its worth a shot I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread